Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Moisturizer Spf 30
Cetyl alcohol is used as a moisturizer to treat and prevent dry and rough skin. It is also used for itchy skin and minor skin irritations. Stearyl alcohol is a nonionic surfactant used as an emollient that softens skin. It is also used as an emulsifier and thickener in creams and lotions.
How does the drug work?
Cetyl alcohol is an emollient that moisturizes the dry skin. Dry skin is caused due to the loss of water from the upper layer of the skin. Cetyl alcohol works by forming an oily layer on the top of the skin that prevents the water to get evaporated from skin. It retains moisture of the skin. Stearyl alcohol is a fatty alcohol. it is used as a thickening agent and as a surfactant. It reduces the surface tension at the liquid and solid interface.
What are the common side effect?
Cetyl alcohol is safe and effective with no side effects. But it may sometimes cause burning, stinging, redness, or irritation. The commonly reported side effects of stearyl alcohol are unusual skin changes, signs of skin infection, irritation, burning, stinging, and redness of the skin.
• Do not use Cetaphil drug if an allergic reaction (which is rare) was seen with any of its ingredients in the past.
• Check if your skin turns sensitive to the sun when Cetaphil medication is applied. Take necessary precautions accordingly.
• Cetaphil drug may worsen acne. So, people who are more prone to acne outbreaks should use Cetaphil drug with caution.
• Due to the unknown safety of the Cetaphil medicine for pregnant women, a doctor’s advice is needed before its use.
• Use of Cetaphil is restricted to external purpose only.
FAQs :Cetyl alcohol
1. Is cetyl alcohol used for diaper rash? Yes, cetyl alcohol is used for diaper rash.
2. Does it from soggy skin? Yes, Cetyl alcohol may form soft and soggy skin. Seek medical advice to overcome this side effect.
3. How often should I use it? Usage and frequency of application depend on the product and your skin application.
4. How to apply Cetyl alcohol medicament? Before using it shake the container well. Apply on the infected skin. Avoid applying to sensitive areas like eyes and mouth.
5. I am allergic to glycerin. Can I use Cetyl alcohol drug? Cetyl alcohol may or may not contain glycerin, talk to the pharmacist to know about the ingredients of the drug. Stearyl alcohol
1. How to apply the stearyl alcohol? Apply the cream two to three times in a day, in the form of a thin layer on the affected area.
2. How to protect skin from sunburn while using stearyl alcohol? Avoid exposure to the sun. You may wear protecting clothing and use a sunscreen before going outdoors. Do not use tanning beds.
3. What if I forget to apply the stearyl alcohol? In case you forget to apply the cream, apply it as soon as you remember. Do not use more than what is directed for use.
4. How to store the stearyl alcohol? Store the stearyl alcohol in the original container, away from flame or heat. Keep it away from the reach of children. Check the label for further storage instructions.
5. Can I use stearyl alcohol for cracked heels? Yes. Stearyl alcohol effectively treats cracked heels by moisturizing the skin.