Calcimax Forte + 30 Tablet
Calcium carbonate is a dietary calcium supplement which is used for the treatment of hypocalcemia or low blood calcium levels. It is also used to treat osteoporosis, heartburn, indigestion, and hyperphosphatemia in patients with chronic renal failure. Vitamin D3 (also called calcitriol) is used to treat hyperparathyroidism (increased production of the hormones). In patients with chronic kidney failure, calcitriol helps to treat metabolic bone disease and calcium deficiency. It is given during the treatment of rickets disease in children (a bone deformation disorder) which occurs due to vitamin D deficiency. Magnesium is an essential mineral and is used for the treatment and prevention of magnesium deficiency diseases. It is prescribed for the patients with low serum magnesium levels. Magnesium acts as a laxative and enhances bowel movements so, it is used for the treatment of constipation. Magnesium is used in the antaciRx Requestedds to reduce the symptoms of heartburn. Magnesium is used for reducing high-blood pressure during pregnancy and to reduce the risk of seizures. It is used for the treatment of eclampsia. It is prescribed to treat magnesium deficiency in the patients with liver disorders, diabetes, heart failure, vomiting or diarrhea, and kidney dysfunction Zinc is an essential mineral that is available as a dietary supplement. Zinc helps in bone mineralization and maintaining bone matrix. It also improves the immune system, aids in wound healing and cell division, and metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
How does the drug work?
Calcium carbonate supplements provide calcium required for the body. It also prevents absorption of phosphate from the gastrointestinal tract in people with kidney disease. Vitamin D3 is a steroid hormone which binds to the vitamin D receptors and helps in the absorption of calcium. Magnesium acts as a cofactor in various enzymatic reactions. It is essential for proper functioning of immune system. It plays a role in insulin secretion and helps to maintain normal blood glucose levels. It prevents vasoconstriction and reduces high blood pressure. It plays a role in the metabolism of calcium and parathyroid hormone. It helps to improve bone mineral density and prevents osteoporosis. Zinc supplies enough zinc required for the normal growth and functioning of the body.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of calcium carbonate are constipation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, indigestion, increased thirst, and abdominal pain. The common side effects of calcitriol are fatigue, weakness, sleepiness, headache, dry mouth, metallic taste, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, etc. However, these side effects do not occur at the normal doses and are seen in only few patients. The common side effects of magnesium are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach cramps. The common side effects of zinc are vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and metallic taste in the mouth.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
FAQs :Calcium carbonate
1. Is calcium carbonate good for health? Calcium carbonate is a dietary calcium supplement and can be used to treat low blood levels of calcium.
2. Is calcium carbonate used to treat osteoporosis? Osteoporosis occurs due to low calcium levels. Calcium carbonate, a calcium supplement, can help in treating and preventing osteoporosis.
3. Can calcium carbonate be taken with milk? Yes. Consuming foods fortified with vitamin D can enhance calcium absorption. So, you can consume milk, egg yolks, or fish along with the use of calcium carbonate.
4. Can calcium carbonate be taken with food? It is preferable to take calcium carbonate after a meal as acid produced in the stomach during digestion can help in calcium absorption.
5. Is calcium carbonate safe in pregnancy? Calcium carbonate can be used during pregnancy as a calcium supplement. However, it is recommended to consult a doctor before taking the medication. Vitamin D3 (Calcitriol)
1. Can I take antacids while using vitamin D3? Calcitriol or vitamin D3 can interfere with the absorption of some of the antacids. Therefore, take only those antacids which are prescribed by your doctor.
2. What is the dose of calcitriol for adults in the treatment of hyperparathyroidism? The usual initial dose of calcitriol for adults in the treatment of hyperparathyroidism is 0.25 mcg per day, taken orally. This may be later increased to 0.5 mcg if required.
3. What happens if I forget to take a dose of calcitriol? It is not very harmful and you need not worry. Take the next dose at its scheduled time leaving the missed dose if it is too late.
4. What happens with an overdose of calcitriol? An overdose of calcitriol can lead to some serious side effects such as behavioral changes and needs immediate medical help.
5. How to store calcitriol tablets? Store the calcitriol tablets in the original package, away from heat, light, moisture and children. Magnesium
1. How should I store magnesium supplements? Magnesium supplements should be stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight and moisture.
2. Is magnesium safe for pregnant and lactating females? Yes. Magnesium is safe for pregnant and lactating females. However, consult your physician before taking the medication.
3. Can I take any other medications along with magnesium supplements? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.
4. What are the dietary sources of magnesium? High levels of magnesium can be found in fruits such as banana, dried apricots, nuts, peas, beans, soy products, whole grain and milk.
5. Does magnesium helps to lower blood glucose levels? Yes, magnesium regulates insulin production and helps to lower blood glucose levels. Zinc
1. Is zinc an over-the-counter medication? Yes. Zinc is used as an ingredient in many over-the-counter vitamins and nutrient supplements.
2. What is the recommended dietary intake of zinc? The recommended dietary intake of zinc is 4 to 7 mg per day for women and
5.5 to 9.5 mg per day for men.
3. What are the dietary sources of zinc? Milk, eggs, cheese, nuts, pulses, and wholegrain cereals are the dietary sources of zinc.
4. What are the safety precautions for taking a zinc supplement? Take the medication as prescribed by your doctor. Usually, it is considered safe in recommended doses even in infants, children, pregnant and lactating women.
5. Can I take antibiotics while using zinc supplement? Antibiotics may interact with zinc. So, you should take a doctor’s advice before taking antibiotics along with zinc supplements.