Accetiz 100/2 Mg Tablet 10
Aceclofenac is an NSAID, i.e. non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to treat mild to moderate pain and inflammation. It is effective in the treatment of pain and swelling of joints (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis) and relieves inflammation of the vertebrae (ankylosing spondylitis) to prevent the fusion of the spine bones.
How does the drug work?
Similar to the other NSAIDs, aceclofenac is a prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor. Thus, the prostaglandin effects such as sensitization of the spinal nerves to the painful stimuli, inflammation associated with vasodilation, and elevation of body temperature by the stimulation of thyroid gland are not produced.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of aceclofenac are redness and itching of the skin, dizziness, indigestion, abdominal pain, nausea, heartburn, diarrhea, and an increase in the liver enzymes.
• Accetiz tablet should not be used by the individuals with a history of allergic reactions to the active ingredients. It is also not for use in patients who are allergic to aspirin or other anti-inflammatory agents.
• People with severe liver function impairment should avoid Accetiz tablet.
• Alcohol consumption can increase the risk of liver injury when Accetiz medicine is taken.
• Accetiz tablet USES overweigh the risks in patients with kidney impairment, diabetes, certain stomach and intestinal problems, history of infections, clotting problems, liver function impairment, etc. only when used cautiously.
• Pregnant women and lactating women should not use Accetiz drug.
• Accetiz can interact with certain over-the-counter drugs and prescription medicines. Therefore, a physician's consultation is necessary for co-administration of other drugs.
• Accetiz side effects such as skin allergy or discoloration of skin may need discontinuation of the Accetiz medicine.
• Accetiz tablet side effects such as nausea and heartburn are dose-related. Therefore, do not exceed the prescribed dose and duration.
1. I have taken mifepristone to terminate my pregnancy. Can I take aceclofenac for the backache? Do not take aceclofenac at least for 8-12 days after taking mifepristone. You may consult your doctor for safe use of the drug.
2. How should I take the aceclofenac tablets? It is preferable to take aceclofenac tablets with food, i.e. after eating.
3. Can I drive or operate machines after taking the aceclofenac? You should refrain from driving or using machinery which requires attention as aceclofenac may cause side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness.
4. Can I give aceclofenac for my 15-year-old child for pain relief? The medicine is not indicated for children less than 18 years of age.
5. What should I do if I experience nausea after taking aceclofenac? Consume simple foods instead of spicy foods, if you experience nausea after taking the drug.