1.4 Gm Syrup 100 Ml
Disodium Hydrogen Citrate is a sodium acid salt of citric acid used for the treatment of gout, gastric problems and acidity.
How does the drug work?
Disodium Hydrogen Citrate belongs to a class of drugs called urinary alkalinizers. It neutralizes the excess production of acid from the urine and blood.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects are diarrhea, gastrointestinal ulceration, shortness of breath, anxiety, mood swings, fatigue and metabolic alkalosis.
• Individual suffering from kidney disorders such as decreased output of urine, high levels of sodium in the blood etc should inform the doctor.
• Avoid consuming alcohol as it may worsen the Acit side effects.
• Patients who are allergic to Acit or its ingredients should not use Acit syrup.
• Inform the doctor about the previous medical history and the present medications taken. Administer the Acit dosage as per the doctor’s prescription.
• Do not take Acit syrup incase of severe bacterial infection.
• Inform the doctor in case of breathing problems, high blood pressure, swollen ankles or irregular heart beat after taking the syrup.
1. Is it safe to use Disodium Hydrogen Citrate during pregnancy? No, it is not safe to use Disodium Hydrogen Citrate during pregnancy as it may affect the fetus. However, please consult your doctor.
2. What should I do if I miss a dose? If you forget to take the medication at the usual time, you must take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, you must skip the missed dose. Do not take double dose.
3. Is it safe to use Disodium Hydrogen Citrate during lactation? The interaction of Disodium Hydrogen Citrate during lactation is not known. Please consult your doctor.
4. How should I take Disodium Hydrogen Citrate syrup? It is advised to take the syrup after meals with plenty of water to avoid an upset stomach.
5. I have a medical history of congestive heart failure. Can I take Disodium Hydrogen Citrate? No, patients with a history of congestive heart failure, heart disease or severe kidney problems should not take Disodium Hydrogen Citrate.