Acnerex Soap 75 Gm
Allantoin is used for the treatment of severe acne, which has the risk of permanent scarring if left untreated. This medicine is used when the other acne treatments such as antibiotics do not work. Aloe vera is a natural protective agent which acts as a moisturizer for the skin. The other uses of aloe vera extract taken orally are treatment of diabetes, stomach ulcers, and constipation.
How does the drug work?
Allantoin belongs to the retinoid group of drugs. It works by contracting the size of sebaceous oil glands, thus, reducing the production of sebum. It also reduces inflammation associated with moderate acne. Aloe vera acts by improving the circulation under the skin and preventing the death of cells present around the wound. Thus, it helps in wound healing. It contains chemical substances called anthraquinone glycosides which have a laxative effect.
What are the common side effect?
The common allantoin side effects are dryness of skin, lips, nose and eyes. The common side effects of aloe vera are diarrhea, stomach pain or cramps, and skin inflammation.
• Acnerex treatment should be under the supervision of a dermatologist (a skin specialist).
• Women who are pregnant, have a plan for pregnancy or are breastfeeding should not take Acnerex medication. This is due to the risk of severe birth defects or even death of the baby even with a single dose of the drug.
• Do not use Acnerex if a hypersensitivity reaction was seen in the past with Acnerex ingredients.
• Acnerex drug is not safe for use in patients with liver damage, high levels of vitamin A, and high cholesterol in the blood.
• Acnerex medicine should be given only to adolescents and adults who have crossed 12 years, after puberty.
• This medicine is for external use only. Do not apply it on sensitive skin areas such as nose, mouth, and eyes.
1. How long should I avoid pregnancy while undergoing allantoin treatment? Do not get pregnant during the entire course of allantoin treatment and also for a month after completing the treatment.
2. Does allantoin cause any side effects on the sperm in males? No. Allantoin does not damage the sperm or cause any side effects which can harm the unborn baby of the partner.
3. What precautions should I take while using allantoin for acne? While using allantoin drug for acne, you must use a moisturizing cream and a lip balm to prevent dryness of skin and lips. Also, use a sun-protection cream with an SPF of minimum 15 due to the sensitivity of skin to the sun while using allantoin.
4. Can I undergo cosmetic skin treatment during allantoin therapy? Do not undergo any kind of cosmetic treatments for skin during allantoin therapy. This is because your skin will become more sensitive while on this treatment.
5. Is driving a vehicle safe after taking allantoin tablets? Driving is not safe soon after taking allantoin. This is because of the chances of visual disturbances during nights, drowsiness and dizziness with the drug.
1. Can I use aloe vera to treat burns? Yes. Aloe vera causes healing and soothing of the skin and can be used for the treatment of burns.
2. Can a pregnant woman take oral aloe vera? There is a possibility of miscarriages or birth defects with aloe vera when taken orally. Therefore, pregnant women should avoid it.
3. I am a diabetic patient. What precautions should I take if I have to take oral aloe vera? You must monitor the blood glucose levels more frequently compared to the others. This is because aloe vera can lower the blood glucose.
4. I am scheduled for a surgery. Can I take aloe vera regularly? You must stop taking aloe for at least 2 weeks before surgery due to the possibility of lowering of blood sugar levels during surgery.
5. How to apply the aloe vera gel? Wash the affected area and dry it. Apply the aloe vera gel liberally as needed.