Acolate Nasaldrops 15 Ml
Xylometazoline is used to treat common cold, i.e. allergic rhinitis.
How does the drug work?
Xylometazoline is a decongestant which caUSES the shrinkage of the blood vessels in the nose. This relieves the congestion in the nose and sinUSES.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of xylometazoline are a headache, dizziness, tingling sensation, nausea, and vomiting.
• Acolate nasal drops must be avoided in children below the age 12 years.
• Acolate nasal drops is contraindicated in the patients who underwent surgery.
• The drug must be avoided during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• Acolate nasal drops must be used with caution in case of high blood pressure, thyroid disease, diabetes or heart diseases.
• Avoid taking the drug if allergic to xylometazoline or any of its ingredients.
1. How long can I use the xylometazoline nasal spray? You may use the xylometazoline spray for 7 continuous days if directed by the physician. Do not use the spray beyond this period as it can damage the nasal tissue.
2. Can I use xylometazoline spray for my child? Xylometazoline spray should not be used for the children who are younger than 12 years.
3. What is the maximum dose of xylometazoline? The maximum dose of xylometazoline is 3 doses in a day. Do not exceed this dose.
4. Will I develop addiction with xylometazoline? In some people who use the xylometazoline drug for a long time, development of dependence is possible.
5. What if I forget a dose of xylometazoline? Take the missed dose as soon as your remember. But if it is nearly time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with the following dose. Do not take a double dose.