Acrotac 10 MG Capsule 20
Acitretin is a form of vitamin A, also called as a retinoid. It is used in the treatment of psoriasis. However, it does not prevent the recurrence of the condition after the treatment.
Mode of drug action :
The exact mechanism of Acrotac action is not known. It probably works by acting on certain receptors involved in balancing the growth cycle of the skin cells.
What are the common side effects?
The common side effects of acitretin include dry eyes or mouth or nose, nosebleed, pale or fragile skin, hair loss, mild joint pain, muscle stiffness, itching, and scaling of the skin.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Do not use Acrotac tablets if a history of allergic response was seen with the acitretin.
• If conditions such as kidney, liver or heart disease, diabetes, depression, alcohol abuse, high cholesterol, are present, let the doctor know. The doctor will decide the dose of Acrotac suitable for such patients.
• Pregnant and nursing women should not use this medicine. Females of childbearing age should use contraceptive pills while on Acrotac drug.
• Vision impairment might occur with the Acrotac. So, avoid driving or performing activities which need a clear vision, after taking this medicine.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight as the drug makes it more likely for sunburn to occur.
• In the case of a need for any other medicines while using Acrotac medicine, inform the doctor, who will check for the safe use of the drugs together.
• Follow the instructions given by the doctor regarding the use of Acrotac drug.
What else should I know?
1. How long should I prevent pregnancy while on Acitretin 25 mg? Do not get pregnant before, during and at least for 3 years after the treatment with Acitretin 25 mg.
2. Can I donate blood after the treatment with Acitretin? Avoid blood donation for at least for 3 years after the treatment with Acitretin. This is because your blood may be given to a pregnant woman.
3. How long should I avoid alcohol while on Acitretin? Refrain from alcohol consumption for at least 2 months after the treatment with Acitretin.
4. How to take acitretin medicine? Take the tablets of Acitretin with food and at the same time every day.
5. How can I protect from having a sunburn? You may wear protective clothing and apply a sunscreen product of SPF 30 or more before going outside. Do not use tanning beds.