Acticlox 125/125 Mg Tablet Dt 10
Amoxicillin is one among the penicillin group of antibiotics which is prescribed during the treatment for bacterial infections. Amoxicillin is of great benefit for tonsil pain relief, treatment for sinus infection, genital and urinary tract infection, teeth and gum infections, respiratory tract infections, and it is a common antibiotic for many bacterial infections. Cloxacillin is used to treat several types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, endocarditis, skin infections, joint infections, sepsis, etc. Lactobacillus is a friendly bacterium used in the treatment of diarrhea in children, infections or discharge from the vagina, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
How does the drug work?
Amoxicillin interferes with the production of the bacterial cell wall; it weakens and ruptures the cell wall of the bacteria, thereby, killing them. Cloxacillin acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis in the bacteria. Thus, it stops the growth of the bacteria. Lactobacillus maintains the required balance of other microflora in the intestine thereby, improving the patient’s condition.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects associated with amoxicillin include nausea and vomiting, headache, allergic reaction, rash, diarrhea, stomach pain, vaginal itching, and vaginal discharge. The side effects which are common with cloxacillin are nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, gas, and diarrhea. Lactobacillus may cause gas and bloating in some patients.
• Avoid the drug Acticlox if a previous allergic reaction was seen with any of its ingredients or their related compounds.
• If birth control pills are required, inform the doctor about the use of Acticlox as the drug amoxicillin can alter the action of birth control pills making them less effective, and there may be a chance of pregnancy.
• If diarrhea occurs, then stop the medication and consult a doctor. Diarrhea can be an indication of new infection during the treatment with Acticlox.
• Consult the doctor before taking Acticlox tablet in case of pregnancy, plan for pregnancy or breastfeeding.
• If kidney problems or any other health issues are present, let the doctor know. The doctor will adjust the Acticlox dosage.
• Do not stop the Acticlox medication in the middle of the treatment; even if the condition improves.
1. Is amoxicillin safe for children? Yes, amoxicillin is safe for children when given in the prescribed dose. Amoxicillin dosage for children differs from that of adults.
2. Can I take amoxicillin tablet for a sore throat? Amoxicillin is effective against bacterial infections. Thus, a sore throat which caused due to bacteria can be treated with amoxicillin.
3. Does amoxicillin cause constipation? No. Amoxicillin does not cause constipation. Consult your doctor if you notice such side effects.
4. How long does amoxicillin take to work? The time taken for the drug amoxicillin to show its action may depend on the type and severity of the infections. However, it would take anywhere between one to seven days.
5. Does the drug amoxicillin act against anaerobic bacteria? Yes. Amoxicillin is active against both aerobic as well as anaerobic bacterial infections. Cloxacillin
1. Can I take cloxacillin to treat flu? Cloxacillin is not effective against viral infections. So, do not use it for treating flu.
2. What is the adult dose of cloxacillin for infections? The usual dose of cloxacillin to treat infections in adults is about 250-500 mg, to be taken every 6 hours.
3. What if I miss a dose of cloxacillin? Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. But if it is too late, then skip the forgotten dose and take the next dose at its regular time. Do not take two doses at once.
4. Is it safe to use cloxacillin during pregnancy? No. Do not use cloxacillin during pregnancy because it can harm the fetus.
5. How to store cloxacillin medicine? Cloxacillin medicine should be stored at room temperature, away from light, heat and moisture. Keep the medicine out of reach from pets and children. Lactobacillus
1. What to do if I have an overdose with Lactobacillus? Immediately call up for medical help in case of an overdose with Lactobacillus.
2. Can I suggest Lactobacillus medicine to others with diarrhea? No. Do not suggest any medicine to others even if they have the same condition. It is a doctor’s right.
3. How to store Lactobacillus? Store in a place away from heat, moisture and light. Check the instructions provided on the label to know the storage instructions. Discard the medicine once it expires.
4. Is it safe to use Lactobacillus in children? Yes. Lactobacillus is effective and safe to treat diarrhea in children.
5. Can I take antibiotics along with Lactobacillus? Give a gap of at least 2 hours after taking the Lactobacillus to prevent the antibiotic action on the bacteria.