Adc Eye Drops 5 Ml
Ampicillin is used to treat bacterial infections of the sinus, genitals, urinary tract, teeth and gum, and respiratory tract. Cloxacillin is used to treat several types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, endocarditis, skin infections, joint infections, sepsis, etc.
How does the drug work?
Ampicillin is one among the penicillin group of antibiotics. Ampicillin interferes with the production of the bacterial cell wall; it weakens and ruptures the cell wall of the bacteria, thereby killing them. Cloxacillin acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis in the bacteria. Thus, it stops the growth of the bacteria.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects associated with ampicillin include nausea and vomiting, headache, allergic reaction, rash, diarrhea, stomach pain, vaginal itching, and vaginal discharge. The side effects which are common with cloxacillin are nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, gas, and diarrhea.
• Patients allergic to amoxicillin or any other penicillin should avoid ADC drug.
• Diarrhea is one among ADC side effects, which gets better once the course is finished. If the condition worsens, consult the doctor.
• Patients on birth control pills should inform the doctor as ADC medicine can alter the action of birth control pills making them less effective.
• Maintain a minimum of 4 hours lag between each ADC eye drops. Do not take two doses in 1 hour.
• Do not stop the medication in the middle of the treatment; even also feeling better. Do not take the ADC medicine for more than two weeks.
• Pregnant or breast feeding should consult the doctor before taking ADC drug.
1. Is safe for children? Yes, ampicillin is safe for children when taken in the prescribed dose. Ampicillin dosage for children differs from that of the adults.
2. Can I take ampicillin for a sore throat, cold, cough, and flu? Ampicillin is only effective against bacterial infections, not virUSES. A sore throat, cold, and cough caused due to bacteria can be treated with ampicillin, but the flu cannot be treated as it is a viral infection.
3. Does ampicillin cause constipation? No. Ampicillin does not cause constipation. Consult your doctor if you notice such side effects.
4. How long does ampicillin take to work? The time taken for ampicillin to show its action may depend on the type and severity of the infections. However, it would take anywhere between one to seven days.
5. Does ampicillin act against anaerobic bacteria? Yes. Ampicillin is active against both aerobic as well as anaerobic bacterial infections. Cloxacillin
1. Can I take cloxacillin to treat flu? Cloxacillin is not effective against viral infections. So, do not use it for treating flu.
2. What is the adult dose of cloxacillin for infections? The usual dose of cloxacillin to treat infections in adults is about 250-500 mg, to be taken every 6 hours.
3. What if I miss a dose of cloxacillin? Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. But if it is too late, then skip the forgotten dose and take the next dose at its regular time. Do not take two doses at once.
4. Is it safe to use cloxacillin during pregnancy? No. Do not use cloxacillin during pregnancy because it can harm the fetus.
5. How to store cloxacillin medicine? Cloxacillin medicine should be stored at room temperature, away from light, heat and moisture. Keep the medicine out of reach from pets and children.