Adcef 300 Mg Capsule 10
Cefdinir is used in the treatment of wide variety of bacterial infections. It is also used to treat symptoms of typhoid fever.
How does the drug work?
Cefdinir is a cephalosporin antibiotic. Cefdinir acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria. The active metabolite of cefdinir binds to the penicillin binding protein 3 and inhibits the production of peptidoglycan, which is essential for the formation of the cell wall.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of cefdinir are drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, headache, diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea, stomach upset, and vomiting.
• Adcef is available in different dosage forms such as tablet, capsule, and syrup.
• Long-term use of Adcef drug may result in secondary infections. Consult the doctor about Adcef dosage and duration of Adcef usage.
• The patient should make sure to use Adcef medicine for the entire course of treatment to clear the infection completely.
• Adcef drug may interact with antacids, diuretics, and medications related to ulcers. Discuss with the doctor before using it.
• Do not use any birth control pills, patch or rings while using Adcef antibiotic.
• Patients scheduled for laboratory tests such as urine glucose test or Coomb’s test should stop using Adcef medicine 5-6 days before the scheduled date.
1. Does cefdinir treat viral infections? No, cefdinir treats only bacterial infections.
2. I am suffering from cold and flu. Can I use cefdinir to treat my condition? No, cefdinir is not effective against cold and flu, as these are viral infections.
3. I am on cefdinir antibiotic since 4 days. I am experiencing diarrhea. Shall I stop using cefdinir medication? Mild diarrhea is common with cefdinir antibiotic. Do not stop the medication without consulting the doctor.
4. What are the effects of cefdinir in pregnant women? Cefdinir is safe during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before using the medicine.
5. How to take cefdinir medicine? Cefdinir medicine should be taken with food, as food enhances the levels of cefdinir and increases its absorption in the body.