Adhair 2 % Solution 60 Ml
Aminexil is used for the treatment of alopecia, i.e. hair loss in both the genders. It is used as an ingredient in the cosmetics to soften the hair follicles. Minoxidil is used for the treatment of male pattern hereditary hair loss (alopecia androgenetica) in both men and women. Minoxidil is also used to treat severe hypertension.
How does the drug work?
Aminexil dilates the blood vessels that supply the scalp and also opens the potassium channels. This increases the supply of oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles. This strengthens the follicles, thus, reducing the hair fall and promoting the hair growth. It is also known to prevent the hardening of the hair shaft and promotes collagen buildup around the shaft. Minoxidil belongs to the class of drugs known as antihypertensive vasodilators. Minoxidil acts by stimulating the hair growth in early and moderate stages of hair loss. The drug minoxidil increases the diameter of the hair shaft, prolongs the growth phase of the hair follicle and enhances blood flow to hair follicles, thereby, stimulating the growth.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of aminexil are allergic reactions such as skin rash and itching, short-term increase in blood pressure, dizziness, and fatigue. The common side effects of minoxidil include abnormal hair growth on face and body, increased hair growth, headache, and skin rash.
• Avoid Adhair if an allergic reaction has been experienced in the past with any of its ingredients.
• If the reason for the hair loss is unknown, consult the doctor before using Adhair drug.
• Inform the doctor before using Adhair solution, in case of a history of heart problems (breathless, wheezy or tired and swelling of ankles) or chest pain or heart attack.
• Be careful before using Adhair topical solution as it is flammable. Avoid smoking, and going near naked flame or strong heat source while using the solution.
• Stop using Adhair and consult the doctor, if side effects related to low blood pressure such as chest pain, dizziness, fainting, rapid heart rate, swollen hands and feet and redness of the scalp are noticed.
• Patients who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding should consult the doctor and know about the USES of Adhair medication.
• Adolescents under 18 years and elderly above 65 years of age should consult the doctor before using Adhair.
• Do not use more Adhair than what is prescribed as it can increase the side effects of Adhair.
1. Is aminexil more effective than minoxidil drug for hair growth? No. Both aminexil and minoxidil are related compounds and are equally effective for hair growth.
2. Does aminexil help in hair regrowth? Yes. Aminexil is effective to produce new hair along with preventing the hair fall.
3. What precautions can I take to reduce the effects of dizziness with aminexil? You may avoid activities such as driving, operating heavy machinery, etc. Also, you should change the positions slowly to prevent falls associated with dizziness.
4. How long is the treatment for hair loss with aminexil? Usually, aminexil is given in combination with minoxidil in the hair loss treatment. The treatment period varies from person to person. Talk to a doctor for treatment duration.
5. What are the forms in which aminexil is available? Aminexil is available mainly as a topical solution to be applied on the scalp.