Adriblastina Injection 1 Ml
Doxorubicin is used to treat symptoms of different types of cancers such as breast, blood, ovary, prostate, stomach, and lung. It may be used alone or in combination therapy to treat symptoms of certain cancers.
How does the drug work?
Doxorubicin is an antineoplastic that belongs to anthracycline class. It has antimitotic or cytotoxic activity.it forms complexes with DNA base pairs and inhibits the formation and proliferation of tumor cells by blocking topoisomerase II to convert into DNA-topoisomerase II complex.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of doxorubicin are nausea, bone marrow suppression, loss of appetite, vomiting, hair loss, sepsis, blood in urine, diarrhea, cardiomyopathy, and inflammation of mucous parts.
• Women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant should not use the drug, but the benefits of Adriblastina may be acceptable despite the risk.
• Avoid taking Adriblastina along with grapefruit or grapefruit juice, as the drug may interact with the fruit.
• Do not use Adriblastina medication in the conditions of bone marrow problems, liver problems, or heart problems.
• Individuals receiving radiation therapy or taking radiation to the chest should inform doctor before use of Adriblastina, as they may need dosage adjustments.
• Some medicines may interact with Adriblastina such as Phenobarbital, phenytoin, anticoagulants, and NSAIDs. Avoid concomitant use of these drugs.
• The drug may cause sunburn easily, avoid sun and sunlamps, use sunscreen or wear protective clothing.
• The dosage of Adriblastina and the duration of treatment will be determined by physician.
1. Is doxorubicin safe during breastfeeding? No, doxorubicin is probably unsafe during breastfeeding.
2. Can I take palifermin while using doxorubicin? Patients who are taking doxorubicin should maintain a gap of 24 hours before or after using palifermin.
3. What care I should take while using doxorubicin? Doxorubicin may reduce platelets formation, so avoid situations that cause bruising or injury.
4. Can I take vaccine for measles while on doxorubicin? No, do not take any live vaccine while on doxorubicin, as it may intensify the side effects.
5. Is it safe in children? Doxorubicin should be used with extreme caution in children, as they are sensitive to the side effects