Alfoo 10 Mg Tablet 15
Alfuzosin is used to treat the symptoms of benign prostate hyperplasia (enlarged prostate gland) and voiding difficulties.
How does the drug work?
Alfuzosin is an alpha-adrenergic blocking agent. It acts by inhibiting adrenoreceptors which lead to relaxation of smooth muscle in the bladder that relieves symptoms of benign prostate hyperplasia and facilitates urine flow. Alfuzosin also inhibits catecholamine’s vasoconstriction effect resulting in peripheral vasodilatation.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of alfuzosin are constipation, sexual dysfunction, dizziness, fatigue, headache, heartburn, nasal congestion, sore throat, chills, fever, abdominal pain, and nausea.
• Patients suffering from moderate to severe liver diseases should not take Alfoo tablet.
• The concomitant use of alfuzosin drug with alpha blockers, antifungal, and HIV drugs is not recommended.
• Do not consume alcohol while taking Alfoo medicine, as it increases the risks of Alfoo side effects.
• Alfuzosin drug may cause dizziness and lightheadedness, so avoid performing heavy tasks that need mental alertness.
• Do not use Alfoo tablet in the conditions such as low blood levels, kidney problems, cancers, and other prostate gland problems.
1. I was scheduled for cataract surgery. Can I use Alfoo drug? No, do not use Alfoo drug while undergoing cataract surgery.
2. I am on hypertensive drugs. Can I take alfuzosin tablet? No, do not take alfuzosin along with hypertensive drugs.
3. Does alfuzosin caUSES chest pain? Yes, alfuzosin may cause chest pain.
4. How to take Alfoo tablet? Take the whole tablet with a glass full of water before bedtime or as prescribed.
5. Can I take fruit extract (palmetto) to treat prostate enlargement along with Alfoo tablet? Yes, you can take palmetto fruit extract along with Alfoo tablet.