Algic Ls Eye Drops 5 Ml
Ketorolac is an analgesic. It provides pain relief from conditions such as cystoid macular edema, inflammation, ocular Itching, ocular pain, acute migraine, acute pericarditis, chronic aphakic cystoid macular edema, intraoperative miosis and pseudophakic cystoid macular edema .
How does the drug work?
Ketorolac is a non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. It inhibits the action of cyclooxygenase-1 and 2 thereby decrease the production of prostaglandin, a chemical mediatory which caUSES pain. It inhibits the synthesis or actions of other substances that sensitize pain receptors and caUSES pain.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of ketorolac are constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, gas, headache, indigestion, mild stomach pain or upset, nausea and, vomiting.
• Do not take Algic eye drops medicine if an allergic reaction has been experienced with any of its ingredients in the past.
• Algic should not be used by the patients with breathing problems (asthma, etc.), severe swallowing difficulty, methemoglobinemia (a blood condition), and heart problems.
• Children below 6 years of age should not be given Algic medicine.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not take Algic drug.
• Before taking any other medicines while using Algic, ask doctor to confirm if it is safe to take the medicines together.
• Do not use larger than the prescribed Algic ear drops dose as it can increase the side effects of Algic eye drops.
1. How many days should I use ketorolac for pain relief? ketorolac is usually prescribed not more than 5 days for the treatment of mild to moderate or chronic pain. Consult the physician to know the course of treatment with ketorolac.
2. Is ketorolac prescribed for the treatment of pain in children? ketorolac is not prescribed for children who are younger than 16 years old.
3. Is it safe to take ketorolac during pregnancy? ketorolac may cause harm to the fetus so it is contraindicated during the last three months of pregnancy. Consult the physician before using ketorolac.
4. Can I take any other medications along with ketorolac? You must discuss with the physician before taking any other medications.
5. Is ketorolac prescribed to relieve post-surgical pain? Yes, ketorolac is prescribed to relieve post-surgical pain.