Amfy Gel 15 Gm
Amphotericin B is used to treat serious fatal fungal infections. It is also used to treat symptoms caused by fungal infections such as fever and low white blood cells, or weak immune system.
How does the drug work?
Amphotericin B belongs to the class of antifungals agent. It acts by inhibiting the fungal cell membrane leading to a structural impairment of the cell membrane and cell death.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of amphotericin B are itching, burning sensation, contact sensitization, dry skin, skin redness, and irritation.
• Avoid direct contact of the Amfy with the eyes, ears or mouth.
• Exercise caution before using Amfy drug in children.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Do not use Amfy in case of allergy to Amphotericin B or any of its ingredients.
• Before using the medication, wash and dry the affected area thoroughly.
• Apply Amfy thinly and gently on the affected areas, preferably at night before sleeping.
• Scratching the affected area may cause more irritation and spread of the infection.
• Patients planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding should inform the doctor before using the Amfy medication.
• Stop using Amfy in case of local skin reactions and consult your doctor.
1. Can I use amphotericin B for eczema? Use of amphotericin B in eczema is not known. Consult your doctor before using the drug for eczema.
2. Is amphotericin B safe for children? Amphotericin B, when used as per the prescribed dose, is safe in children.
3. Can I drink alcohol when using amphotericin B medication? Patients taking amphotericin B should limit alcohol to have better effectiveness of the drug.
4. Is amphotericin B gel safe during pregnancy? Yes. Amphotericin B is safe during pregnancy.
5. Can I use amphotericin B cream for any type of skin infections? No. Amphotericin B is effective against only fungal infections. Consult your doctor before using it for a skin infection.