Aminut Capsule 10
L-Glutamine is used to counter the side effects of medical treatments such as cancer chemotherapy, diabetes, mucositis (swelling inside the mouth), nerve pain, muscle and joint pain. It is also used for improving in the recovery after a bone marrow replacement, bowel surgery, and traumatic injuries.
How does the drug work?
L-Glutamine is an amino acid. It is the free amino acid present naturally in the body. L-Glutamine is produced in the muscles and circulated through the blood to the tissues and organs. It is helpful in the gut function, and the immune system. L-glutamine supplies nitrogen and carbon that repairs wounds and keeps vital organs functioning during and after injury, and surgery.
What are the common side effect?
The major side effects of L-glutamine are blood in urine, changes in skin color, chills, cough, confusion, dizziness, fainting, fast heart rate, fever, headache, and hives.
• Take Aminut medication on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before meals, or 2 hours after meals.
• Don’t take the medication if there is any history of allergy to Aminut tablet or the similar products containing same ingredients.
• Patients on anticoagulants may require dose adjustments, as they may intensify side effects of Aminut medicine.
• Patients with liver and kidney disorders should use Aminut capsules with caution.
• Breastfeeding and pregnant women should not use the drug without medical advice.
• Aminut drug dosage and duration of treatment depend on the patient’s condition and the reason for using it.
• Patients should have regular blood and urine tests performed, as the levels may get altered due to Aminut drug use.
1. Does L-glutamine relieve stress? Yes, L-glutamine plays a vital role in relieving stress.
2. What if I overdose? Excessive L-glutamine may cause muscle wasting.
3. Do I lose/gain weight by using L-glutamine drug? Patients using L-glutamine may gain weight, especially in HIV/AIDS patients.
4. I experience cold hands and feet while on L-glutamine. What should I do now? Cold hands and feet and chills are very common while on L-glutamine; seek immediate medical advice if the side effects worsen.
5. Is L-glutamine effective against short bowel syndrome? Yes, L-glutamine is used to treat short bowel syndrome along with human growth hormone.