Amlenox Oral 5 % Paste 5 Gm
Amlexanox is used to relieve pain and discomfort in the mouth caused by ulcers, sores or dentures or braces. Amlexanox USES also include relief from pain, swelling, and stiffness caused due to shoulder problems.
How does the drug work?
Amlexanox belongs to a class of medications called anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Amlexanox acts by inhibiting the formation and release of a chemical known as histamine and leukotrienes which cause ulcers and sores in the mouth.
What are the common side effect?
Amlexanox side effects include black and bloody stools, tarry stools, diarrhea, constipation, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, hearing loss, heartburn, stomach pain, and vomiting.
• Patients allergic to amlexanox or any of the ingredients of the drug should avoid Amlenox.
• Avoid Amlenox medication application on open wounds.
• Avoid Amlenox drug in children less than 16 years of age and in elderly more than 65 years of age, as they are sensitive to side effects of Amlenox drug.
• Do not put dentures or braces back in the mouth for at least 30 minutes after applying the medication in the mouth.
• Patients who are breastfeeding or pregnant should consult the doctor before taking Amlenox.
• Smoking while on Amlenox medication may increase the risk of side effects.
• Consult the doctor if the pain does not improve after using the medication for 7-14 days, or if the symptoms get worse.
1. Is it safe to drive while using amlexanox? Amlexanox may cause dizziness and drowsiness. Avoid activities such as driving while on this medication.
2. I coughed out coffee ground sputum while on amlexanox medication, what does this indicate? Coughing out coffee ground colored sputum indicates bleeding in the throat which is the side effect of the medication.
3. Does amlexanox damage liver? Yes, prolonged use of amlexanox may damage the liver. Take the drug as recommended by the doctor.
4. Is it safe to use amlexanox during pregnancy? Pregnant women may need dosage adjustments while taking this drug. Talk to the drug before using the drug.
5. What could be the reason for tarry stools in the patients taking amlexanox medication? Stomach bleeding due to amlexanox may result in tarry stools, which is a side effect of the drug. Report it to the doctor if the condition worsens.