Amlong H 5/15 Mg Tablet 10
Amlodipine is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain (i.e. angina) and other conditions in which the artery of the heart gets narrowed. It is also used for the prevention of heart disorders. Hydrochlorothiazide is used to treat hypertension. It is also used in the treatment of fluid retention in congestive heart failure or liver cirrhosis. Hydrochlorothiazide is used as a diuretic to removes excess salts from the body.
How does the drug work?
Amlodipine belongs to a class of drugs called the calcium channel blockers. The mechanism of action of amlodipine is dilation of the blood vessels, thereby, improving the blood flow through them. Hydrochlorothiazide acts by eliminating excess salts from the body by inhibiting sodium reuptake in the body. Hydrochlorothiazide blocks sodium-chloride symporter, it reduces osmotic gradient and water reabsorption throughout the body.
What are the common side effect?
The amlodipine side effects which are commonly experienced are dizziness, tiredness, flushing, stomach pain, and nausea. The common reported hydrochlorothiazide symptoms are excessive thirst, abnormal heart rhythms, increased sensitivity to light, dry mouth, skin allergies, headache, GI disorder, decreased potassium levels, and tingling in hands legs and feet.
• Avoid Amlong H tablet if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
• Do not use the tab Amlong H for children below 6 years of age.
• People with heart failure, asthma or allergies, glaucoma, gout, diabetes and liver disease should take the Amlong H drug with caution.
• Do not take over-the-counter medicines along with Amlong H medicine without asking a doctor or pharmacist.
• If any other drugs are used for heart conditions, it should be informed to a doctor.
• Do not drink alcohol while taking Amlong H medication as it can further lower the blood pressure and increase the Amlong H side effects.
• Pregnant women should take Amlong H with caution while breastfeeding women should avoid the drug.
• Take the drug Amlong H exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not discontinue the use of Amlong H unless told by the doctor. This is more important for patients taking nitroglycerine.
• Read the instructions regarding the Amlong H tablet USES and side effects.
1. Can I stop taking amlodipine tablets if the symptoms of hypertension are resolved? You may not always have the symptoms even if your blood pressure is high. Thus, you should not stop taking amlodipine but may have to continue it for your whole life.
2. Can amlodipine alone control my hypertension? Amlodipine is a part of treatment for hypertension. You should also follow a proper diet, exercise and maintain your weight along with taking this drug.
3. How should I take amlodipine? You may take amlodipine with or without food, and with a glass of water. Take the medicine at the same time each day.
4. Will my chest pain decrease immediately when I take amlodipine? Your chest pain can increase at first with amlodipine. But later it should decrease which if does not happen, you should consult a doctor.
5. How can I avoid dizziness with amlodipine? You should change your positions (i.e. sitting or standing or lying down) slowly to avoid dizziness and falls.
1. I am pregnant. Should I stop taking hydrochlorothiazide? Hydrochlorothiazide is safe during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before taking the drug.
2. I am suffering from a thyroid disorder. Can I use hydrochlorothiazide? Discuss with the doctor about the safe use of the drug in thyroid disorders.
3. Can I give hydrochlorothiazide to my 15-year-old child? No, hydrochlorothiazide is not recommended for the children younger than 18 years of age.
4. What are the side effects of hydrochlorothiazide in diabetic patients? Hydrochlorothiazide may affect the blood sugar levels of diabetic patients. Talk to your doctor before using the drug.
5. I am allergic to sulpha drugs. Can I take hydrochlorothiazide? No, sulfa drugs may react with hydrochlorothiazide. Discuss with your doctor about the safe use of the drug.