Amlong 5 Mg Tablet 10
Amlodipine is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain (i.e. angina) and other conditions in which the artery of the heart gets narrowed. It is also used for the prevention of heart disorders.
How does the drug work?
Amlong contains amlodipine as an active ingredient. It belongs to a class of drugs called the calcium channel blockers. The mechanism of action of Amlong is dilation of the blood vessels, and thereby, improving the blood flow through them.
What are the common side effect?
The amlodipine tablets side effects which are commonly experienced are dizziness, tiredness, flushing, stomach pain, and nausea.
• Avoid Amlong tablet if you are allergic to amlodipine.
• Do not use the amlodipine for children below 6 years of age.
• People with heart failure and liver disease should take the drug with caution.
• Do not take over-the-counter medicines along with the tab Amlong without asking a doctor or pharmacist.
• If any other drugs are used for heart conditions, it should be informed to a doctor.
• Do not drink alcohol while taking Amlong as it can further lower the blood pressure and increase the Amlong side effects.
• Pregnant women should take Amlong with caution while breastfeeding women should avoid the drug.
• Take the drug exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
• Do not discontinue the use of amlodipine unless told by the doctor. This is more important for patients taking nitroglycerine.
• Read the instructions regarding the Amlong tablet use and side effects.
1. Can I stop taking amlodipine tablets if the symptoms of hypertension are resolved? You may not always have the symptoms even if your blood pressure is high. Thus, you should not stop taking amlodipine but may have to continue it for your whole life.
2. Can amlodipine alone control my hypertension? Amlodipine is a part of treatment for hypertension. You should also follow a proper diet, exercise and maintain your weight along with taking this drug.
3. How should I take amlodipine? You may take amlodipine with or without food, and with a glass of water. Take the medicine at the same time each day.
4. Will my chest pain decrease immediately when I take amlodipine? Your chest pain can increase at first with amlodipine. But later it should decrease which if does not happen, you should consult a doctor.
5. How can I avoid dizziness with amlodipine? You should change your positions (i.e. sitting or standing or lying down) slowly to avoid dizziness and falls.