Andant Capsule 10
Zaleplon is used to treat people suffering from insomnia or sleeplessness. It is a hypnotic agent that relaxes the central nervous system thus producing sleep.
How does the drug work ?
Zaleplon belongs to class of drug of non-benzodiazepines called pyrazolopyrimidines. The druginteracts with gamma-aminobutyric acid-A (GABA-A) thereby affecting the chloride channel ionophore complex producing hypnotic, sedative, anxiolytic and muscle relaxant property.
What are the common side effects ?The side-effects associated with Zalep drug include anxiety, memory loss, lack of mental coordination, dizziness, blurred vision, confusion, difficulty in breathing, nosebleed and so on.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take Andant drug as prescribed by the physician. Do not take an overdose of a missed dose as it produces adverse effects of the drug
• People suffering from depression, insomnia, mental illness or suicidal tendencies should take Andant drug with caution.
• People also suffering from sleep apnea, respiratory, digestive or urinary disorders should inform the doctor before taking Andant drug.
• Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Andant drug as it increases the drug action in the body.
• Avoid driving or handling heavy machinery immediately after taking the drug as the drug causes drowsiness.
• Take the drug at least 30 minutes before going to bed to get a proper sleep during night.
• Pregnant, lactating and expecting mothers should inform the doctor before taking Andant drug for safe use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
1. Is zaleplon addictive? Zaleplonis an hypnotic drug that produces sleep. Prolonged use may develop dependence and addiction.
2. Is it better to take zaleplon with or without food or empty stomach? Zaleplon can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
3. Is zaleplon used to treat insomnia? Yes. Zaleplon is used for the treatment of insomnia
4. I am on Zaleplon medication; I was scheduled for a dental surgery, do I need to temporarily stop the medication? No. Do not stop the medication without consulting the doctor. Inform your dentist about your zaleplon medication, so that they can adjust the dose of anesthesia to avoid the side effects.
5. Is it safe to continue zaleplon medication if am planning to become pregnant? No. Zaleplon is unsafe during pregnancy or planning to become pregnant and even during lactation.