Andial Liquid 30 Ml
Lopam is an anti-diarrheal tablet which contains. Lopearmide uses mainly include treating sudden diarrhea, or in the treatment of loose stools. It is used to reduce the amount of discharge in the patients who undergo ileostomy. Loperamide drug is also prescribed for the treatment of on-going diarrhea in people with inflammatory bowel disease and is the best drug to stop uncontrollable diarrhea.
How does the drug work ?
Loperamide drug belongs to a class of drugs called anti-diarrheals and is a drug to treat diarrhea. It acts by reducing the hyperactive movements in the bowel. This helps in the absorption of water and salts from the body which are lost during diarrhea.
What are the common side effects ?Lopam side effects include gastrointestinal discomfort, constipation, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, fatigue, stomach pain, and vomiting.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Consult a doctor if your diarrhea lasts for more than 48 hours.
• Do not use Andial tablets the stools are blackish stool.
• Andial side effects such as dizziness or drowsiness can make it difficult to carry out certain daily tasks like driving and using machinery. So, avoid these activities when taking the Lopam drug.
• Take plenty of water because diarrhea can make you dehydrated.
• Avoid Andial medicine if allergic to it and if severely constipated.
1. What are the commonly available loperamide dosage forms? Loperamide is available as tablets, capsules and syrups.
2. Can I use loperamide for bloating? No, loperamide is not useful in the case of bloating (i.e. gas formation).
3. Is loperamide a habit forming drug? No, loperamide is safe to use and is not a habit forming drug.
4. Can I take loperamide after consuming alcohol? No, loperamide may intensify the drowsiness. So, avoid it after consuming alcohol.
5. I am on cotrimoxazole. Can I take loperamide? Loperamide might interact with cotrimoxazole and produce unwanted effects. Therefore, consult a physician before taking any other drug along with loperamide.
6. Will I have difficulty with urination when taking loperamide? Yes. You may have difficulty with urination which is a rare side effect with loperamide