Andremide 10 % Eye Drops 10 Ml
Sulfacetamide is a bactericidal used for the prevention and treatment of bacterial infections of eye, and other parts of the body caused by aerobic and anaerobic bacteria.
How does the drug work ?
Sulfacetamide is an antibiotic that has bactericidal action. It kills the bacteria by inhibiting the formation of folica acid, which is essential for bacterial replication. It is highly effective for the treatment of bacterial and protozoal infections.
What are the common side effects ?The most commonly reported side effects of sulfacetamide are dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, insomnia, unusual tastes, itching, numbness and confusion.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not take Andremide medication in case of any allergic reactions to any of the ingredients of teh drug.
• People receiving potent diuretics may have severe problems with kidney function and should, therefore, take Andremide medication with caution.
• Patients with a history of liver and kidney impairment, and the patients with a history of stomach or intestinal diseases should be cautious while taking Andremide due to an increased risk of side effects of the drug.
• Take the doctor’s advice before taking any over-the-counter medicines along with Andremide drug.
• Pregnant women should inform the doctor before taking Andremide, and must avoid the drug during breastfeeding.
• Andremide medicine should not be given to the infants below 3 months of age.
1. How should I use this medication? Sulfacetamide should not be taken on empty stomach. Take the medication after food with a glass of water. However, consult your physician before use.
2. Are there any storage precautions for sulfacetamide? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Does sulfacetamide makes me tired? Yes, sulfacetamide may cause tiredness or headache. Take adequate rest while on sulfacetamide.
4. Can I take any other medications along with sulfacetamide? Some medications such as ACE inhibitors, anticoagulants, and cephalosporins should not be taken while using sulfacetamide medication.
5. Is sulfacetamide used to treat toothache? Yes, sulfacetamide may be used to treat toothache, however consult the doctor before taking the drug