Androz 50 Mg Tablet 10
Sildenafil is used to treat erectile dysfunction in males. It helps in subsiding symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension. In addition, it improves the exercise capacity.
How does the drug work ?
Sildenafil acts by inhibiting cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 activities which degrade cGMP in corpus cavernosum around the penis. This causes aggregation of cGMP in smooth muscles. cGMP is responsible for smooth muscle relaxation and increases blood flow which facilitates penile erection during sexual stimulation.
What are the common side effects ?The common sildenafil side effects are flushing, indigestion, insomnia, nosebleed, nasal congestion, running nose, visual impairment, dizziness, and bladder pain.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not take Androz for more than once a day.
• The drug should be taken one hour before sexual activity.
• Inform the doctor if there is erection for more than 4 hrs.
• Avoid Androz incase the patient is on any nitrate drugs for heart problems or chest pain
• Sildenafil may cause dizziness and hence avoid driving or operating heavy machinery after its use.
• Alcohol intake may impair erection and hence to get maximum benefit, avoid excess alcohol before taking Androz.
• Avoid taking grapefruit or grapefruit juice while on Androz, as it interacts with the sildenafil drug.
1. What is the recommended dosage of sildenafil tablet? Do not take sildenafil tablet more than once per day unless prescribed.
2. Can I consume alcohol while taking Ereva tablet? No, alcohol causes serious side effects with Ereva tablet.
3. What are the other available sildenafil brands? Sildenafil is available as Viagra and Revatio.
4. I have retinitis pigmentosa. Can I take Ereva drug? No, patients with retinitis pigmentosa should not take Ereva as it may cause visual impairment.
5. Can tablet Ereva cause increase in the penis size? Ereva tablet is used to promote penis erection. Talk to the doctor about other benefits of the drug.