Anefol Xt Injection 1 Ml
Ferrous Ascorbate is the synthetic molecule of ascorbic acid and iron. Ferrous ascorbate is used to treat low blood levels of iron in anemia and pregnancy. An ascorbic acid of ferrous ascorbate increases the absorption of iron from the stomach. Folic acid is a form of vitamin B which is obtained from the fruits and vegetables. It helps to prevent changes in the DNA that can lead to cancer. Folic acid, as a medicine is used to treat folic acid deficiency in the human body. It is used in the treatment of anemia of certain types. In combination with other drugs, it is used to treat pernicious anemia.
How does the drug work ?
Ferrous ascorbate helps in the synthesis of hemoglobin which is required by the red blood cells to carry oxygen from the lungs to the other body parts and to carry carbon dioxide from the body parts to the lungs. It is also involved in the synthesis of myoglobin which stores oxygen in the muscles. Folic acid gets converted to tetrahydrofolate in the human body. Tetrahydrofolate helps in the normal production of red blood cells, amino acids, DNA components and other molecules.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of ferrous ascorbate are constipation, diarrhea, stomach upset or cramps, and black stools. The common side effects of folic acid include metallic taste in the mouth, loss of appetite, nausea, confusion, sleep disturbance, and irritation. It can lead to serious but less common side effects such as allergic reactions.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid Anefol XT medicine, if allergic to Pavifer medicine or any of the ingredients in it.
• Avoid Anefol XT medicine in case of bacterial infections.
• Avoid Anefol XT medicine in patients who are hypersensitive to iron.
• Use Anefol XT medicine only under doctor’s prescription.
• Make sure to keep Anefol XT medicine away from children.
1. How to take ferrous ascorbate? Take ferrous ascorbate one to two hours before food (on an empty stomach) with a glass of water. This helps in better absorption of the drug.
2. What should I do if I take an overdose of ferrous ascorbate? If you have taken an overdose of iron supplements, then you may develop symptoms such as stomach pain, vomiting, shallow breath, blue lips, cold and clammy skin. Call up for an immediate medical attention.
3. What should I avoid while taking ferrous ascorbate? Do not take antacids, caffeine, tea or any dairy products at least for two hours after taking iron supplements.
4. What should I do if I have swelling of face or lips with ferrous ascorbate? Swelling of face or lips with ferrous ascorbate can be a sign of serious allergic reaction. You must get immediate medical help.
5. I have black stools while taking ferrous ascorbate. Do I need to stop medication? The appearance of black colored stools is a common side effect which occurs with ferrous ascorbate. Report it to the doctor if the condition worsens. Folic acid:
1. How to take folic acid? You may take folic acid with or without food, and with a glass of water.
2. How to identify if I had an overdose with folic acid? If you have taken a large dose of folic acid, it can produce symptoms such as numbness, tingling, weakness, confusion, mouth or tongue pain. Immediately seek medical help in case you notice these symptoms.
3. What is the dose of folic acid for pregnant women? The usual dose of folic acid in pregnant women is about 800 micrograms per day taken orally or as an injection. However, talk to a doctor who will decide the appropriate dose for you.
4. Can I take alcohol while using folic acid? It is always advisable not to drink alcohol. However, if you cannot avoid doing so, you may need a higher dose of folic acid which will be decided by your physician.
5. What should I do if I miss to take a dose of folic acid? In case you forget to take a dose of folic acid, take it as soon as you remember. But if it almost time for your next scheduled dose, then you must skip the missed dose and take the next dose at its regular time. This helps to avoid doubling of the dose.