Aneket 100 Mg Injection 2 Ml
Ketamine is a anesthetic agent which causes numbness of the entire body. Thus, it is given during surgery to prevent the sensation of pain.
How does the drug work ?
Ketamine acts at several centers in the brain. It changes the membrane thickness, thus, affecting the ion channels and the conduction of impulses.
What are the common side effects ?The side effects which occur with ketamine commonly include changes in the blood cell count, increase in body temperature, liver dysfunction, shivering, respiratory depression, nausea, and vomiting.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not take the Aneket if a previous allergic reaction was seen with the use of ketamine hydrochloride.
• Avoid the Aneket medication in the case of a history of rapid rise in blood pressure.
• Regular monitoring of the potassium levels should be done while using the Aneket drug due to the chances of increase in its levels with the drug.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should inform the doctor before taking the drug Aneket.
• Do not perform activities such as driving and operating heavy machinery for few days. This is because Aneket medicine causes an increase in the intracranial pressure.
1. Is ketamine a carcinogenic agent? No. Ketamine is not a carcinogenic agent.
2. Is ketamine a controlled substance? No. Ketamine is not a controlled substance.
3. Does ketamine enter breast milk? It is not known whether ketamine enters the breast milk. Therefore, do not breastfeed after taking this drug.
4. Does alcohol consumption increase any side effects while using ketamine? Due to unknown effects of alcohol while using the ketamine medicine, better avoid drinking.
5. What happens with an overdose of ketamine? As ketamine is given by a healthcare professional at a doctor’s office, overdose with the drug is not likely to occur.