Anemol 1000 Mg Infusion 100 Ml
Paracetamol is a commonly used medication to relieve fever and mild to moderate pain. Paracetamol is used to relieve headache, toothache, ear pain, joint pain, and pain during menstruation. It is also prescribed to treat the discomfort during feverish colds, and flu.
How does the drug work ?
Paracetamol is an active ingredient in Calpol which belongs to the class of drugs known as antipyretics (fever reducing) and analgesics (painkiller). Paracetamol acts on the temperature-regulating region of the brain, which results in increased blood flow across the skin which causes sweating and heat loss thereby reducing fever. It acts as a painkiller therefore reduces the pain by increasing the pain threshold. Paracetamol is a drug to treat fever related symptoms.
What are the common side effects ?The most common side effects of Paracetamol include allergic reactions which may cause skin redness, swelling or rash. It can also cause running nose, facial swelling and blisters on the skin. Overdose can cause adverse symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, abnormal blood cell count, shortness of breath, and liver injury.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid using Anemol if you are allergic to paracetamol.
• Do not take Anemol medicine if you are taking any other medicines that contain paracetamol.
• Avoid the use of Anemol if you cannot limit your alcohol intake for less than three beverages every day.
• If any Anemol side-effects such as skin reactions (skin reddening, blisters, or rash) are noticed, the patient should immediately consult doctor.
• The pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult doctor before taking Anemol.
1. Is paracetomol safe for my baby with teething pain? Yes, paracetomol is used for relieving pain in infants and children; it is safe when used in the prescribed dose.
2. Does paracetomol make me drowsy? No. But when, paracetomol is taken in the combination form with other medications such as Cetirizine or other cold and cough medications then you may feel drowsy.
3. Does paracetomol drug treat migraine pain? Yes, paracetomol tablet is used for treating migraine; however consult your doctor for the paracetomol dosage.
4. Is paracetomol safe during pregnancy? paracetomol alone is relatively safe but consult your doctor before administering the medication.
5. Can paracetomol be safely used with other NSAIDs? Yes, paracetomol is safe when taken with other NSAIDs; however, consult your doctor regarding combined use of paracetomol with any other drug.