Anesthal 500 Mg Injection 5 Ml
Thiopental sodium is used as an anesthetic. In some conditions it is also used to terminate seizure.
How does the drug work ?
Thiopental sodium belongs to barbiturate that acts by binding to the ligand-gated ion channels and inhibits the action of certain compounds.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of Thiopental sodium are ongoing drowsiness, weakness, reduced heart rate, chills and bronchospasm.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Inform the doctor about any past allergic reactions before taking Anesthal drug.
• Do not drink alcohol for some days after taking Anesthal drug.
• Avoid activities that require alertness like driving and operating heavy machines.
• Be cautious while using Anesthal drug during any kidney or liver disease.
• Consult a doctor before using Anesthal drug during pregnancy and breast feeding.
1. Can Thiopental sodium be used to treat insomnia? No. Thiopental sodium is not used to treat insomnia.
2. Does Thiopental sodium cause drowsiness? Yes, drowsiness persists for some days after taking Thiopental sodium.
3. Can I drink alcohol after taking Thiopental sodium? No. Do not drink alcohol for some days after taking Thiopental sodium.
4. Does Thiopental sodium causedeath? Yes. Thiopental sodium when taken in large dose causes death.
5. Should I informthe doctor about all my medical conditions before taking Thiopental sodium? Yes. Inform the doctor about all the medical conditions before taking Thiopental sodium.