Anexidep 25/5 Mg Tablet 10
Diazepam is used in the treatment of anxiety, muscle spasms, and alcohol withdrawal symptoms. In combination with other drugs, it is given to treat seizures. One of the main imipramine uses includes the treatment of depression in adults. This drug is occasionally used to relieve bed-wetting habit in children aged 6 years and above.
How does the drug work ?
Diazepam acts by balancing the chemicals in the brain, thus, controlling the disorders. Imipramine belongs to the class of drugs called tricyclic antidepressant. It acts by inhibiting the chemicals in the brain which are produced excessively in people with depression.
What are the common side effects ?The side effects which are common with diazepam are drowsiness, weakness and tiredness, and loss of coordination. The common imipramine side effects are a lack of coordination, tingling sensation, weakness, dryness of mouth, constipation, diarrhea, vision disturbances, ringing in ears, swelling of the breast, decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not take Anxidep if an allergic reaction has been observed with the use of any of its ingredients in the past. There is an increased risk of getting this serious side effect with a subsequent use.
• This medicine should not be taken by people with a recent heart attack.
• If any condition such as a heart disease, breathing problems, mental disorder, kidney or liver disease, thyroid problems, diabetes, glaucoma and urination problems is present, then caution is required with Anxidep use.
• Do not take the tablet Anxidep if a MOA-inhibitor (a drug for depression) has been used in the past 14 days.
• Grapefruit juice can interact with Anxidep medicine and lead to unwanted effects. So ask a doctor about grapefruit containing products.
• Do not give this medicine to children below 6 months.
• Women who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding should inform a doctor before taking this drug. The doctor may decide if the medicine is safe for use in such women.
• Be alert to identify the changes in your mood while using this medicine due to the possibility of suicidal tendency as one of the side effects of Anxidep.
• Do not carry out work which requires high alertness because of the risk of impaired thinking and reaction as Anxidep side effects.
• Take the exact Anxidep dosage as prescribed by the physician to prevent unwanted effects.
• Read the instructions provided on the package for information such as Anxidep uses and safety details before use.
1. Is diazepam a habit-forming drug? Yes. Diazepam is a habit-forming medicine. So, do not misuse it.
2. What precautions should be taken by the elderly patients using diazepam? Elderly patients using diazepam are at risk of falls and should take necessary measures suggested by the doctor.
3. Is diazepam an over-the-counter drug? No. Diazepam is not an over-the-counter drug. It is available only with a prescription.
4. How long can I take diazepam? Do not take diazepam for more than 4 months unless advised by your doctor.
5. Can I drive after taking diazepam? Do not drive after taking diazepam due to the possibility of impaired alertness with the drug. Imipramine
1. In how many days will the symptoms of depression improve with imipramine? It may take nearly 3 weeks for the improvement of depression symptoms with the imipramine medicine.
2. Do I have to inform my surgeon about using the drug imipramine? Yes. You need to inform your surgeon that you are taking imipramine for your surgeon to decide if you should stop taking the drug for some time.
3. What are the symptoms of overdose with imipramine tablets? The symptoms of overdose with imipramine tablets include fast or irregular heart rate, extreme drowsiness, fainting, or convulsions. Consult a doctor immediately for help.
4. Is it safe to drink alcohol while using imipramine? Drinking alcohol while using the drug can lead to dangerous side effects or even death. Therefore, you must avoid it.
5. How should I protect myself from sunburn with imipramine? You may wear protective clothing and use sunscreen lotion with an SPF of 30 or more. Do not use tanning beds and avoid exposure to sunlight.
6. What is the dose of imipramine medicine for depression in adults? The initial dose of imipramine drug to treat depression in adults is 100 mg per day, taken through the mouth. The maintenance dose is 100-200 mg per day.