Angemox 500 Mg Capsule 10
Amoxicillin is one among the penicillin group of antibiotics which is prescribed during the treatment for bacterial infections. Amoxicillin is of great benefit for tonsil pain relief, treatment for sinus infection, genital and urinary tract infection, teeth and gum infections, respiratory tract infections, and it is a common antibiotic for many bacterial infections.
How does the drug work ?
Amoxicillin interferes with the production of the bacterial cell wall; it weakens and ruptures the cell wall of the bacteria thereby killing them.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects associated with amoxicillin include nausea and vomiting, headache, allergic reaction, rash, diarrhea, stomach pain, vaginal itching, and vaginal discharge.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid Angemox if allergic to amoxicillin or any other penicillin.
• Diarrhea is one among Angemox side effects, which gets better once the course is finished. If the condition worsens, consult the doctor.
• Patients on birth control pills should inform doctor, as Angemox can alter the action of birth control pills making them less effective, and there may be a chance of pregnancy.
• Maintain a minimum of 4 hours lag between each Angemox. Do not take two doses at teh same time.
• Do not stop the medication in the middle of the treatment; even after feeling better. Do not take the Angemox medicine for more than two weeks.
• Women who are pregnant or breast feeding should consult the doctor before using the drug.
1. Is amoxicillin safe for children? Yes, amoxicillin is safe for children when taken in the prescribed dose. Amoxicillin dosage for children differs from that of adults.
2. Can I take amoxicillin for a sore throat, cold, cough, and flu? Amoxicillin is only effective against bacterial infections, not viruses. A sore throat, cold, and cough caused due to bacteria can be treated with amoxicillin, but the flu cannot be treated as it is a viral infection.
3. Does amoxicillin cause constipation? No. Amoxicillin does not cause constipation. Consult your doctor if you notice such side effects.
4. How long does amoxicillin take to work? The time taken for the amoxicillin to show its action may depend on the type and severity of the infections. However, it would take anywhere between one to seven days.
5. Does amoxicillin act against anaerobic bacteria? Yes. Amoxicillin is active against both aerobic as well as anaerobic bacterial infections.