Angicam Lt 50/5 Mg Tablet 10
Medicine losartan is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It lowers the risk of stroke in some people with heart diseases. Losartan slows down the progression of diabetes to kidney damage associated with high blood pressure. Amlodipine is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain (i.e. angina) and other conditions in which the artery of the heart gets narrowed. It is also used for the prevention of heart disorders.
How does the drug work ?
Losartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist, i.e. it blocks the binding of angiotensin II to its receptor. Thus, angiotensin II cannot produce its actions such as constriction of blood vessels. It prevents the narrowing of blood vessels, thereby, improving the blood flow through them. Amlodipine belongs to a class of drugs called the calcium channel blockers. The mechanism of action of amlodipine is to dilate the blood vessels, thereby, improving the blood flow through them.
What are the common side effects ?The common losartan side effects are backache, dizziness, dry cough, nasal congestion, and upper respiratory infections. Losartan medication may cause certain serious side effects such as severe hypersensitivity reactions, kidney failure, muscle damage, etc. The common side effects of amlodipine are dizziness, tiredness, flushing, stomach pain, and nausea.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid Angicam LT if an allergic reaction has been experienced in the past with losartan, amlodipine or any other ingredients present in the drug.
• Diabetics should not take the drug aliskiren together with Angicam LT for high blood pressure management.
• People with kidney impairment require additional monitoring while taking Angicam LT medication. In some patients, discontinuation of the drug may be necessary.
• In the case of muscle pain or tenderness, along with unusual tiredness, immediate doctor’s attention is required. This is because Angicam LT drug can cause skeletal muscle tissue breakdown.
• Follow the instructions of the physician carefully and use the medicine to get the maximum Angicam LT benefits.
• Do not take more than what is prescribed.
• Drink plenty of water while using Angicam LT to prevent dehydration.
• Do not take potassium supplements while taking Angicam LT medication.
• Consult a doctor before using Angicam LT in case of pregnancy or breast feeding.
• Discontinue Nusar AM medication one day before any scheduled surgery.
1. Can I take alcohol while using losartan? No. Alcohol consumption can further lower the blood pressure and increase the side effects of losartan.
2. Do I need any restriction on potassium intake while using losartan? Unless told by your doctor, do not take potassium supplements while taking losartan.
3. What happens if I take losartan during pregnancy? If you continue using losartan during pregnancy, it can lead to injury or even death of the fetus. This risk is high during 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy.
4. How should I take losartan? You may take losartan with or without food.
5. In how many days will my blood pressure come under control with losartan? Symptoms of high blood pressure usually improve after 3 weeks of using losartan. This may, however, vary from person to person.
6. How can I avoid dizziness with losartan? Avoid changing your positions (which may include sitting or standing or lying down) rapidly to avoid dizziness. Amlodipine
1. Can I stop taking amlodipine tablets if I do not have symptoms of hypertension? You may not always have the symptoms even if your blood pressure is high. Thus, you should not stop taking amlodipine but may have to continue it for your whole life.
2. Can amlodipine alone control my hypertension? Amlodipine is a part of treatment for hypertension. You should also follow a proper diet, exercise and maintain your weight along with taking this drug.
3. How should I take amlodipine? You may take amlodipine with or without food, and with a glass of water. Take the medicine at the same time each day.
4. Will my chest pain decrease immediately when I take amlodipine? Your chest pain can increase at first with amlodipine. But later it should decrease which if does not happen, you should consult a doctor.
5. How can I avoid dizziness with amlodipine? You should change your positions (i.e. sitting or standing or lying down) slowly to prevent dizziness and falls.