Angiopril 25 Mg Tablet 10
Captopril is recommended in the treatment of hypertension, heart attack and heart failure.
How does the drug work ?
Captopril is an ACE inhibitor, which acts by inhibiting the conversion of angiotensin I (ATI) to angiotensin II (ATII), by interfering with the activity of angiotensin-converting enzyme.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of Captopril are cough, altered taste, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, difficulty in sleeping, rash and insomnia.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Angiopril drug should be taken only when advised by the doctor.
• Take Angiopril drug exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not over dose it.
• Avoid using NSAIDs along with Angiopril drug to prevent the risk of drug interactions.
• Maintain caution while using Angiopril drug in case of any liver or kidney disease.
• Consult a doctor before using Angiopril drug during pregnancy and breast feeding.
1. Can I self-medicate Captopril for treating hypertension? No. Do not self-medicate Captopril for treating hypertension.
2. Is it necessary to inform the doctor regarding the use of Captopril before undergoing any surgery? Yes. It is important to inform your doctor regarding the use of Captopril before undergoing any scheduled surgery.
3. Can I stop taking Captopril if I start feeling better? No don’t stop taking Captopril until advised by the doctor even if you start feeling better.
4. Can I use NSAIDs along with Captopril? No. Do not use NSAIDs along with Captopril without consulting the doctor.
5. Can I use diuretics along with Captopril? Consult a doctor before using diuretics along with Captopril to avoid the risk of drug interactions.