Angizaar At 50/50 Mg Tablet 10
Atenolol is used in the treatment of chest pain (i.e. angina) and high blood pressure. This drug is also known to reduce the risk of death in patients who had a heart attack. Medicine losartan is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It lowers the risk of stroke in some people with heart diseases. Losartan slows down the progression of diabetes to kidney damage associated with high blood pressure.
How does the drug work ?
Atenolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. It blocks the actions of certain chemicals such as adrenaline or epinephrine on the heart and blood vessels. Consequently, the heart rate and the blood pressure come under control. Losartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist, i.e. it blocks the binding of angiotensin II to its receptor. Thus, angiotensin II cannot produce its actions such as constriction of blood vessels. It prevents the narrowing of blood vessels, thereby, improving the blood flow through them.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of atenolol include dizziness, feeling tired and depressed mood. The common losartan side effects are backache, dizziness, dry cough, nasal congestion, and upper respiratory infections. Losartan medication may cause certain serious side effects such as severe hypersensitivity reactions, kidney failure, muscle damage, etc.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Consult the doctor before taking Angizaar AT.
• Avoid Angizaar AT medicine in patients who are breastfeeding or pregnant as it may be unsafe for the fetus.
• The use of Angizaar AT may cause dizziness or tiredness, so do not drive or operate machinery. Get up slowly after sitting or lying down to avoid dizziness.
• Avoid the use of alcohol as it may also increase the side effects of tab Angizaar AT.
• Take med Angizaar AT with or without food but try taking it at a fixed time.
• Patients taking Angizaar AT who are over the age of 65 may have a greater risk of the side effects.
• Diabetics should not take the drug aliskiren together with the Angizaar AT for high blood pressure management.
• Take the doctor’s suggestion before taking any over-the-counter medicine along with the drug Angizaar AT.
• People with kidney impairment require additional monitoring while taking Angizaar AT medication. In some patients, discontinuation of the drug may be necessary.
• In the case of muscle pain or tenderness, along with unusual tiredness, immediate doctor’s attention is required. This is because Angizaar AT drug can cause skeletal muscle tissue breakdown.
1. Should I inform my surgeon about taking atenolol? Yes. You need to inform your surgeon that you are undergoing therapy with atenolol. You may have to stop taking the drug for some days before the surgery.
2. Can I drive after taking atenolol? Atenolol can impair a person’s ability to think and react. Therefore, it is not advisable to drive for some time after taking this drug.
3. What if I drink alcohol while using atenolol? Taking alcohol and atenolol together can increase the risk of side effects such as drowsiness and dizziness.
4. Can I maintain a normal blood pressure with atenolol alone? Atenolol is only a part of treatment for blood pressure. You may need some other drugs, along with a proper exercise, diet, and weight control.
5. Can I stop taking atenolol if I do not have the symptoms of high blood pressure? You must continue using this medicine even if you feel that you have no symptoms. This is because very often, high blood pressure does not produce symptoms. Losartan
1. Can I take alcohol while using losartan potassium? No. Alcohol consumption can further lower the blood pressure and increase the side effects of Repace.
2. Do I need any restriction on potassium intake while using losartan? Unless told by your doctor, do not take potassium supplements while taking losartan.
3. What happens if I take losartan potassiumg during pregnancy? If you continue using losartan potassium during pregnancy, it can lead to injury or even death of the fetus. This risk is high during 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy.
4. How should I take losartan? You may take losartan with or without food.
5. In how many days will my blood pressure come under control with losartan? Symptoms of high blood pressure usually improve after 3 weeks of using losartan. This may, however, vary from person to person.
6. How can I avoid dizziness with losartan? Avoid changing your positions (which may include sitting or standing or lying down) rapidly to avoid dizziness, one of the common side effects of Repace 50.