Angizem Cd 120 Mg Capsule 10
Diltiazem is the active ingredient present in dilzem. It is used to manage blood pressure and treat and prevent angina.
How does the drug work ?
Diltiazem is a calcium channel blocker that works by opening up blood vessels to increase supply of blood and oxygen to the heart. It also lowers the blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels to decrease the work load on the heart.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of diltiazem are orthostatic hypotension, cough, dizziness, decreased heart rate, confusion, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, swollen limbs, and loss of appetite.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Angizem CD might cause dizziness and fatigue in the first few days.
• This medicine might also cause swelling in the ankle or foot.
• Angizem CD might also cause gum overgrowth. The dentist should be consulted if the patient experiences any such side effect.
• The doctor should be informed if the blood pressure remains the same even after 1 week of treatment with Angizem CD.
1. Can diltiazem be used for bone disorders? No. Though diltiazem is a calcium channel blocker, it doesn’t have any effect on calcium present in blood and bones.
2. Is diltiazem a blood thinner? No. Diltiazem is a calcium channel blocker used to treat angina.
3. Can I take alcohol while using diltiazem? You should not take alcohol while using diltiazem as this drug causes dizziness.
4. How to take diltiazem? Diltiazem can be taken with or without food. Usually, it is used once daily. Consult your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
5. Can I use ibuprofen along with diltiazem? Diltiazem and ibuprofen doesn’t have any significant drug interactions. However, consult your doctor before using any medicines.