Anglodent K Paste 50 Gm
Potassium nitrate Potassium nitrate is used as a desensitizing agent which prevents sensitivity of the teeth and teeth pain. Sodium monofluorophosphate Sodium monofluorophosphate is used to treat inflammation, hypersensitivity of gums and dental cavities.
How does the drug work ?
Potassium nitrate Potassium nitrate acts by blocking the nerves that carry the pain impulses to the brain. Thus, it offers protection to the teeth. Sodium monofluorophosphate Sodium monofluorophosphate gets hydrolyzed to fluoride and phosphate ions. These ions reduce the bacterial ability to make acids and re-mineralize the tooth portions which have been attacked by the bacteria and acids.
What are the common side effects ?Potassium nitrate The side effects with the use of potassium nitrate within the prescribed limits in the toothpastes and gels are not known. Sodium monofluorophosphate The common side effects of sodium monofluorophosphate are irritation at the application site and change in the taste.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Individuals allergic to Anglodent-K medication should avoid usingit..
• Individuals suffering from gum bleeding, mouth ulcers, tooth cavities or any oral infections should inform the doctor before using Anglodent-K pmedication.
• Apply a small quantity of Anglodent-K medication for single use while brushing and clean the oral cavity thoroughly.
• Do not swallow Anglodent-K medication . If swallowed seek immediate medical care.
1. What is the safe dose of potassium nitrate? The dose is usually based on the age of the person. So ask a doctor.
2. What if my child has an overdose of potassium nitrate? Call up for a doctor’s help in case of an overdose with potassium nitrate.
3. Can I prevent bad mouth odor with the use of potassium nitrate? Yes. Potassium nitrate relieves bad odor of the mouth with a regular use.
4. Does potassium nitrate treat inflammation of the gums? Yes. Potassium nitrate effectively reduces inflammation of the gums.
5. Will I become more susceptible to gum infections with potassium nitrate? Although potassium nitrate can increase the resistance of the bacteria, increased risk of infections can vary from person to person. Sodium monofluorophosphate
1. Is it safe to use sodium monofluorophosphate? Yes. Sodium monofluorophosphate is safe to use on a daily basis in the form of toothpaste or paste. However, ask a doctor before use.
2. Does sodium monofluorophosphate cause whitening of the teeth? No. Sodium monofluorophosphate does not whiten the teeth.
3. How long can I use sodium monofluorophosphate? You may use sodium monofluorophosphate for about 4 weeks to treat sensitive teeth.
4. Can I eat after brushing with sodium monofluorophosphate? It is better to avoid eating anything for about half an hour after brushing with sodium monofluorophosphate.
5. How to store the sodium monofluorophosphatepaste? Store the sodium monofluorophosphatepaste at room temperature, away from heat and moisture.