Anglomet N Cream 5 Gm
Betamethasone Betamethasone is used to treat allergic disorders, asthma, rheumatic disorder, skin disorders, and cancer. Neomycin Neomycin is used as an antibiotic for various bacterial skin infections, caused due to minor cuts, scrapes or burns.
How does the drug work ?
Betamethasone Betamethasone is a corticosteroid drug which suppresses the immune system and has anti-inflammatory properties. It decreases the chemicals responsible for allergic reactions. Neomycin Neomycin disturbs the production of certain bacterial proteins which are essential for their survival. As this drug kills the bacteria it is used in the treatment of skin problems due to bacterial infections.
What are the common side effects ?Betamethasone The side effects which are common with the use of betamethasone are dry skin, skin cracking, discoloration of the skin, itching, bone degradation, behavioral changes, shortness of breath, and muscle disorder. Neomycin The most common side effects of neomycin include sensitization or allergic reactions which may cause skin redness, swelling or rash, irritation, burning. Hearing difficulty and decreased urination are also often observed with neomycin.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid using Anglomet-N medication if an allergic response was observed with the drug or other drugs with similar composition.
• Avoid contact of the medication with eyes, nose or mouth. Wash and clean off the exposed area to minimize the risk of complications.
• Apply Anglomet-N medication on clean and dry skin as moist skin may lead to growth of bacterial and fungal infections.
• Inform the doctor if other drugs are concomitantly used with Anglomet-N drug to prevent drug-drug interactions.
• Seek a doctor’s advice before using Anglomet-N drugs in the case of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
1. Can I use betamethasone for my child? Use betamethasone with caution in children because an excess of the drug can affect the bone growth in this age group.
2. Is betamethasone available over-the-counter? No. Betamethasone is not an over-the-counter medicine.
3. Will I have weight gain with betamethasone? Yes. Betamethasone might cause weight gain when used on a long-term basis.
4. Is betamethasone better than hydrocortisone? Both betamethasone and hydrocortisone are almost equally efficient. However, the effect varies based on the individual’s condition and response. Neomycin
1. Are there any other side effects of neomycin? Yes, there are other side effects like drooping eyelids, increased production of liver enzyme, skin redness, numbness, ear damage etc.
2. Does neomycin cause ringing in ears? Yes, neomycin causes ringing in ears (tinnitus) which is one of the symptoms of ear damage.
3. Can I use neomycin as fairness cream? Neomycin is a steroid cream which also contains neomycin, an antibiotic. Do not use this cream for face unless advised by the physician as it may damage the skin.
4. Can I use neomycin for the treatment of itchy skin rash? Neomycin is used for treating skin problems but consult your doctor before using the cream.
5. What should I do if I forget a dose? As soon as you remember, apply the missed dose. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with regular dosing. Avoid applying double dose to make up for a missed dose.