Anglonor Tz 400/600 Mg Tablet 10
Norfloxacin Norfloxacin is a quinolone group of antibiotic used for the treatment of urinary tract infections. It also treats the infections caused by sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea. It is also recommended to treat infections of prostate, stomach, intestine, and genital tract. Tinidazole Tinidazole is an antiprotozoal and antibacterial drug. It is indicated in amoebiasis and amebic liver abscess. It is used to treat giardiasis (infection to small intestine) and some bacterial infections like bacterial vaginosis (inflammation of vagina). It is also used in the treatment of sexually transmitted infections such as trichomonias.
How does the drug work ?
Norfloxacin Norfloxacin acts by inhibiting the enzymes responsible for DNA replication, repair, and recombination, which stops the reproduction of the bacterial cell and reduces the infection. Tinidazole Tinidazole belongs to nitroimidazole antibiotics. Tinidazole acts against anaerobic bacteria and protozoa. It penetrates into the bacterial or protozoa cell and damages the DNA which kills the cells and reduces the infection.
What are the common side effects ?Norfloxacin The common side effects of norfloxacin are mild diarrhea, loss of consciousness, loss of appetite, dizziness, skin rashes, fever, feeling sad or empty. Tinidazole The side effects of tinidazole include bitter and metallic taste of the tongue. The patients may also feel difficulty in breathing and chest pain. The stools may be black or tarry. Burning sensation of stomach, numbness, dizziness is also seen. Swelling of the face, mouth and lips are some of the common side effects experienced by patients taking tinidazole.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Complete the entire course to treatment of Anglonor-TZ medicine as prescribed by the physician. Do not discontinue the drug in the middle of the treatment. .
• Individuals experiencing any side effects with the drug or any of its ingredient should avoid taking Anglonor-TZ medication.
• Individuals taking drug for treatment of various diseases or infection should inform the doctor before taking Anglonor-TZ medication.
• Expecting mothers or pregnant women should consult the doctor before taking Anglonor-TZ medication for safe use of the drug during pregnancy.
1. Is norfloxacin safe during pregnancy? It is unsafe during pregnancy, as it may harm the fetus.
2. I am on NSAID. Can I take norfloxacin medication? Taking norfloxacin while you are on NSAID may increase the risk of seizures affecting the CNS.
3. Does norfloxacin and ciprofloxacin show same effects in treating UTI? They both belong to same class of quinolones, but norfloxacin acts better for treating UTI.
4. Can I use norfloxacin along with multivitamins? No, use of multivitamin medication along with norfloxacin reduces the activity of norfloxacin.
5. What are the storage conditions of norfloxacin? Norfloxacin is stored below 15-300c. Do not refrigerate. Tinidazole
1. Can I use tinidazole for viral infections? No, tinidazole cannot be used for viral infections; it is used for some bacterial and parasitic infections.
2. Is tinidazole used for pediatrics to treat amoebiasis? Tinidazole can be recommended for children above three years of age to treat amoebiasis.
3. Is tinidazole available as over-the-counter (OTC) drug? Tinidazole is not available as OTC. Doctor’s prescription is needed to dispense the drug.
4. Can tinidazole used for urinary tract infections? No, tinidazole is not effective for urinary tract infection treatment.
5. What are the conditions to store tinidazole medications? Tinidazole medications must be stored in cool and dry place. Avoid direct sunlight. Keep out of reach for children.