Anofer S 50 Mg Injection 2.5 Ml
Iron is usually obtained from the foods. It is required by the red blood cells to carry oxygen to the tissues. Iron is found in the form of myoglobin in the muscles where it stores oxygen. Elemental iron in the form of supplements is used for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia. It is also used to treat attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD) in children and improve athletic performance.
How does the drug work ?
Elemental iron helps in the synthesis of hemoglobin which is required by the red blood cells to carry oxygen from the lungs to the other body parts and to carry carbondioxide from the body parts to the lungs. It is also involved in the synthesis of myoglobin which stores oxygen in the muscles.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of iron are constipation, diarrhea, stomach upset or cramps, black stools (harmless).
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Anofer S drug should not be taken by the individuals who had allergic reactions to its ingredients in the past.
• Before taking the Anofer S, alcoholic abusers, patients with liver or kidney disease, porphyria (a disorder of the skin and nervous system), infections, who undergo frequent blood transfusions should inform a doctor.
• People with stomach or intestinal ulcers or certain other conditions should take Anofer S medicine with caution.
• Pregnant and nursing women should inform a doctor before using Anofer S to ensure safety of their baby. Dosage adjustments may be necessary for such women to get maximum Anofer S benefits.
• Do not use this medicine if conditions such as iron overload syndrome or thalassemia are present.
1. How to take iron supplements? Take the iron supplements one to two hours before food (on an empty stomach) with a glass of water. This helps in better absorption of the drug. Do not take antacids, caffeine, tea or any dairy products at least for two hours after taking iron supplements.
2. What should I do if I take an overdose of iron supplements? If you have taken an overdose of iron supplements, then you may develop symptoms such as stomach pain, vomiting, shallow breath, blue lips, cold and clammy skin. Call up for an immediate medical attention.
3. What should I avoid while taking iron supplements? You should not take vitamin or mineral supplements or antacids without a doctor’s prescription.
4. What should I do if I have swelling of face or lips with iron supplements? Swelling of face or lips with iron supplements can be a sign of serious allergic reaction. You must get immediate medical help.
5. I have black stools while taking iron supplements. Do I need to worry about this? Appearance of black colored stools is a common side effect which occurs with iron supplements. However, you need not worry about this because it is harmless.
6. How can I reduce side effects with iron supplements? Take the iron supplements with foods to reduce the associated side effects.