Anoflox 400 Mg Tablet 10
Ofloxacin is an antibiotic used to treat upper and lower urinary tract infection, lower respiratory infection, stomach and intestinal infections. It is also used to for the prophylaxis and treatment of anthrax or plague.
How does the drug work ?
Ofloxacin is a fluroquinolone antibiotic which is effective against both gram negative and gram-positive bacteria. It inhibits the formation of bacterial genetic material by affecting the synthesis of DNA Gyrase, an enzyme essential for replication of bacterial DNA. Therefore, ofloxacin is used for the treatment of bacterial infections.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of ofloxacin are: vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, altered taste, fatigue, headache, loss of appetite, pain, itching and burning sensation in the vagina, pain in urethra, and flatulence
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Consult the doctor before taking this medication. Anoflox drug can be taken with or without food. However, it is best to take the medication after food with a glass of water.
• Avoid taking this medication if allergic to ofloxacin or similar medications.
• Didanosine, sucralfate, vitamins, iron or zinc medications, and antacids should not be taken simultaneously with Anoflox, an interval of 2 hours should be maintained before and after taking Anoflox.
• Anoflox drug may cause sensitivity to sun so avoid being in the sun, wear protective clothes and use sunscreen.
• Anoflox drug may alter blood glucose levels so patients with diabetes should undergo regular monitoring of blood glucose levels.
• Antibiotics cause mild diarrhea. Do not start taking antidiarrheal medications if you have diarrhea.
• Consult the physician if there are any symptoms of diarrhea for more than 2 days.
1. How should I use this medication? Ofloxacin should be taken with or without food preferably after food with a glass of water.
2. Are there any storage precautions for ofloxacin? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen with ofloxacin? Yes. It is safe to take ofloxacin with paracetamol/ibuprofen as there are no drug interactions reported for these two drugs. However, consult your physician before use.
4. Does Ofloxacin treat pink eye/chlamydia/ear infections? Ofloxacin is an antibiotic and can be used to treat pink eye (conjunctivitis), ear infection and infection due to chlamydia.
5. Can I take Ofloxacin for viral infections such as cold or flu? No. Ofloxacin is not effective against viral diseases such as cold or flu.