Anosam 1 Mg Tablet 5
Anastrazole is used as an adjuvant treatment for breast cancer. It is also used for the treatment of early and advanced breast cancer. It is also used for the treatment of ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, and endometrial cancer.
How does the drug work ?
Anastrazole is an anticancer medication. It is a selective non steroidal aromatase inhibitor which, decreases the estradiol concentration in the blood and reduces the size and growth of the tumor. Anastrozole selectively inhibits aromatase. Anastrozole is prescribed for the treatment of advanced breast cancer in post-menopausal women with disease progression following tamoxifen therapy. Anastrozole has no detectable effect on synthesis of adrenal corticosteroids, aldosterone, and thyroid hormone.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of anastrazole are: Joint, or muscle pain, pain in the back bone or breast, constipation, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, flu-like symptoms, loss of hair, headache, impaired appetite, hot flashes, stomach pain or stomach upset, nausea, sore throat, insomnia, vaginal dryness, vomiting, weakness, and weight gain.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Take Anosam by mouth with or without food. Follow the instructions of the physician for safe use.
• Incase to miss a dose take the medication as soon as you recollect or notice. Do not take the missed dose, if it is close to the time for the next dose as it can cause over dosage.
• Anosam contains anastrozole. So Anosam should not be prescribed to patients who are allergic to its ingredients or similar drugs.
• Shortness of breath, numbness, tingling in hands, rash and wrist that can affect the grasping are the common side effects of Anosam. Consult the physician if there are any such symptoms.
• Do not stop taking the medication abruptly. Consult the physician before stopping the treatment with Anosam.
• Pregnant and lactating females should not take Anosam as it can cause harm to the fetus and the baby.
• Anosam should not be taken along with estrogen containing medications and tamoxifen.
• Patients with cardiac disorders should not be prescribed Anosam.
• Anosam can increase the levels of hepatic enzymes. So, the patients should undergo liver functioning test.
• Anosam should not be used for the treatment of cancer in the children as its safety and efficacy is not determined.
• Store the medication in cool and dry place at room temperature. Keep the medication out of the reach of the children.
1. Are there any clinical tests which I need to undergo while taking anastrozole? Blood cholesterol, bone mineral density, or liver function may be recommended by the physician to the patients who are on anastrozole therapy.
2. Is it safe to take anastrozole after stopping tamoxifen therapy? Yes. Anastrozole is prescribed to treat the cancer in the patients who were not responsive to tamoxifen therapy. Consult the physician to know more about it.
3. Is it safe to prescribe anastrozole for the treatment of cancer in the children? No. Anastrazole should not be prescribed to the children as its safety and efficacy is not determined in the children.
4. How should I store the medication? Medication should be stored at room temperature away from light and heat.
5. Can I take other medications along with anastrazole? Anastrazole may interact with certain medications. So consult the physician before taking any medication.