Anovate Cream 20 Gm
Beclomethasone is used to treat fungal infections such as ringworm, athlete’s foot, jock itch, swelling, and redness of the skin, and itching. Additionally, it is used to treat skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis. Lidocaine is a local anesthetic agent which is used to cause numbness in a particular area. It is used topically to treat piles and mouth sores. Phenylephrine is a decongestant used for stuffy nose and sinus relief which are caused by common cold or seasonal nasal allergies. This decongestant is a part of sinusitis and bronchitis treatment as it can relieve the symptoms associated with the conditions.
How does the drug work ?
Beclomethasone is a glucocorticoid receptor agonist. It acts by inhibiting the release of arachidonic acid, lipocortin, and phospholipase proteins. This prevents the biosynthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes from the immune cells. Prostaglandins and leukotrienes are responsible for the development of skin diseases and infections. Lidocaine acts by blocking the painful impulses through the nerves supplying the brain. Thus, it alleviates pain. Phenylephrine constricts the blood vessels by stimulating the receptors on them. This relieves nasal congestion by decreasing the flow of blood in the blood vessels of nose.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of beclomethasone are skin thinning, hives, irritation at the site of application, burning sensation, blistering, and numbness. The side effects commonly seen in the users of lidocaine are redness and swelling at the site of application and an abnormal sensation. The most common side effects associated with phenylephrine include nausea, dizziness, shortness of breath, difficulty in urination, facial swelling, headache, high blood pressure, loss of appetite, rash, restlessness, and irregularity in heart rate.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Anovate should not be used by the individuals who are hypersensitive to the drug.
• Safe use of Anovate drug in pregnant women requires medical supervision. Lactating women should discontinue the drug considering Anovate benefits and risks, under the guidance of a doctor.
• Anovate should not be stored at a temperature above 25?C.
• Didanosine, sucralfate, vitamins, iron or zinc medications, and antacids should not be taken simultaneously with the drug; an interval of 2 hours should be maintained before and after taking Anovate drug.
• Anovate medication may cause sensitivity to sun, so avoid exposure to the sun, wear protective clothes, and use sunscreen.
• Anovate alters blood glucose levels, so patients with diabetes should undergo regular monitoring of blood glucose levels.
• Anovate drug use is contraindicated in patients having myasthenia gravis and for children younger than 18 years of age.
1. Can I use beclomethasone cream on my face to treat acne? No, patients should not apply beclomethasone cream on the face.
2. Is beclomethasone used for hair growth? Yes, beclomethasone facilitates hair growth.
3. Is beclomethasone recommended for diaper rash? No, beclomethasone should not be used for diaper rash.
4. What care should I take while applying beclomethasone in the groin area? While using beclomethasone in the groin area, use it for only two weeks or as prescribed. Apply the cream sparingly and wear loose-fitting clothes.
5. Can I use beclomethasone for my underarm infection? No, you should not use beclomethasone for treating underarm infections. Lidocaine
1. I am a diabetic. Can I use lidocaine? Lidocaine is used with caution in diabetic patients; however, consult the doctor before using the drug.
2. I am scheduled for a stomach surgery. Can I take lidocaine? No, avoid using lidocaine if you are scheduled for any surgery, as it can increase the associated risks.
3. Is lidocaine safe in elderly patients? Talk to the doctor before using the lidocaine drug in elderly, and know risks and benefits of the drug.
4. Is lidocaine safe during breastfeeding? No, lidocaine passes into the milk and may harm the newborn.
5. I have galactose intolerance. Can I use lidocaine? No, lidocaine contains lactose. Ask your doctor about the safety of the drug. Phenylephrine
1. Is phenylephrine safe for older adults? Older adults with conditions such as high blood pressure and irregular heart rate should avoid phenylephrine as it worsens the condition. Before taking the tablet consult your doctor.
2. Does phenylephrine cause drowsiness? No. Phenylephrine does not cause drowsiness but when taken in combination with other drugs such as chlorpheniramine, it can cause sedation.
3. Is pseudoephedrine similar to phenylephrine in usage? Yes, both the drugs are used as nasal decongestants that relieve a stuffy nose.
4. Is phenylephrine available over the counter? Yes, but phenylephrine is banned in few countries.
5. Can I use phenylephrine for my child for sinus relief? Phenylephrine is not indicated for use in children.