Anset R Injection 2 Ml X 2
Ondansetron: Ondansetron is an anti-emetic drug used to treat nausea and vomiting. It is also used to prevent and treat post-operative and chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting. Ranitidine: Ranitidine lowers the secretion of stomach acids and provides acidity relief in different parts of the gastrointestinal tract. Thus, it is a drug used to prevent ulcers in the stomach, and a part of the gut called the duodenum. The other ranitidine uses include relief of stomach discomfort and indigestion problems. It stops the reverse flow of acid into the oesophagus.
How does the drug work ?
Ondansetron: Ondansetron is a 5HT3 antagonist. It works by blocking the 5HT3 receptors present in the brain and gastrointestinal tract that may cause nausea and vomiting. Thus, it inhibits the stimulation of vomiting centers in the brain and prevents nausea and vomiting. Ranitidine: Ranitidine is a potent inhibitor of the H2-receptors present on the cells of the stomach wall. Thus, it inhibits the action of histamine on these receptors reducing the production of stomach acid.
What are the common side effects ?Ondansetron: The common side effects of Ondansetron include headache, flushing or sensation of warmth, constipation, dizziness, vision problems, low blood pressure, unusual body movements, irregular heartbeats, and hiccups. Ranitidne: The common side effects of ranitidine are abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, and headache. It can lead to serious side effects such as allergic reactions involving trouble breathing, a low heart beat, and certain blood disorders, severe stomach pain associated with the inflammation of the pancreas. However, these are less common ranitidine side effects.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid using Anset R medicine if allergic to any of the ingredients in it.
• Do not consume soft drinks and citrus fruits like lemon and orange when using Anset R medicine.
• Anset R medicine is recommended 30 min before food.
• Inform the doctor in case of kidney and liver problems before using Anset R medicine.
• Avoid using anti-diarrheals along with Anset-R medicine to reduce the risk of drug interactions.
1. What are the symptoms of ondansetron overdose? The symptoms of ondansetron overdose include severe constipation, fainting, lightheadedness, and sudden vision loss. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of the above symptoms.
2. Can I use ondansetron for vomiting that occurs during pregnancy? Safe use of ondansetron is not yet established during pregnancy. Therefore, seek medical advice before taking the drug.
3. Can I use tramadol with ondansetron? No. Use of tramadol with ondansetron may increase the risk of side effects. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
4. What is the ondansetron dosage to treat nausea and vomiting? Usually, the dose of ondansetron for treating nausea and vomiting may range from 4 mg to 16 mg per day. Seek medical advice before taking the drug to prevent the complications.
5. Can ondansetron cause drowsiness? One of the common side effects of ondansetron is drowsiness. Therefore, you must avoid certain activities while taking the drug. Ranitidine:
1. Is ranitidine a medication for heartburn? Yes. Ranitidine is used to relieve symptoms such as heartburn and is a tablet used to treat GERD, i.e. gastroesophageal reflex disorder.
2. I am scheduled for an operation. Should I inform my surgeon that I take ranitidine? Yes. You should tell your surgeon that you are taking ranitidine. This is because you may be given anesthetics such as midazolam which can abnormally increase the effect of ranitidine.
3. Can I use the medicine ranitidine to prevent stomach ulcers due to other drugs? Yes. Ranitidine is effective in preventing drug-related stomach ulcers.
4. What is the ranitidine dosage for heartburn in children? To treat heartburn in children, usually
2.5 mg per kg body weight of the child is given twice a day, for 2 weeks. However, the exact dose is decided by a physician.
5. What should I do if i miss the dose? Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, do not take the missed dose and continue with the next dose to avoid doubling of the dose.