Antem 10 Mg Suspension 30 Ml
Domperidone uses include management of dyspepsia and relief from nausea and vomiting. It is used for gastrointestinal emptying, heartburn, bloating, and belching.
How does the drug work ?
Domperidone is a distinct blocker of dopamine receptors. Domperidone facilitates gastric emptying by increasing esophageal and gastric peristalsis. The antiemetic property is also related to dopamine receptor blocking activity, as domperidone has a high affinity for D2 and D3 dopamine receptors. These receptors are found in the chemoreceptor trigger zone usually present outside the blood-brain barrier that regulates nausea and vomiting.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects are diarrhea, drowsiness, difficulty in speaking, irregular heartbeat, dizziness, and problems with breathing, breast pain, and breast tenderness.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Be cautious about the Antem side effects such as headache, dizziness, confusion, vertigo, hallucinations, hypersensitivity reactions, anaphylaxis, and leucopenia.
• Pregnant women should consult the doctor before taking Antem medicine.
• Antem drug is contraindicated in patients with porphyria.
• Antem should be taken with or without food, but it’s better to take at a fixed time.
• Avoid taking Antem with grape juice.
1. Is domperidone a laxative? No, domperidone does not have any laxative properties. It is a medication for treating bloating and abdominal discomfort.
2. What is the safe dosage of domperidone for children? Children below 10 years are not prescribed domperidone tablets. Talk to the doctor to know about the safe doses for children.
3. Does domperidone affect blood pressure levels? No. But If you experience any changes in your blood pressure, consult your doctor immediately.
4. I am on antiviral drugs. Can I use domperidone tablet? No, domperidone should not be taken with antivirals as it can cause drug-drug interaction leading to unwanted effects.
5. What should I do if I miss taking a dose of domperidone? If you miss a dose of domperidone and if it is almost time for the next dose, then you must skip the forgotten dose and take the next dose to avoid doubling of dose.