Anthracin 10 Mg Injection 1
Epirubicin is used in the treatment of breast, ovarian, lung, and uterine cancers. It is also used in treating lymphomas and leukemias.
How does the drug work ?
Epirubicin is an anthracycline drug which acts by intercalating DNA and RNA strands thereby slowing and inhibiting the growth of cancerous cells. Epirubicin is also useful in producing free radicals causing damage to the cancer cells and DNA.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of Epirubicin are nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, flushing and change in nail colour.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Anthracin drug should be administered only when recommended by the doctor.
• Drink plenty of water while using Anthracin drug to prevent dehydration.
• Be cautiouswhile using Anthracin drug in case of any liver or kidney disease.
• Do not take Anthracin drug if allergic to any of the ingredients present in the drug.
• Inform the doctor about medical and medication history before taking Anthracin drug.
1. Is Epirubicin recommended in children? There must be a cautious use of epirubicin in females as it may interfere with the menstrual cycle.
2. Is Epirubicin recommended during pregnancy? No. Epirubicin is not recommended during pregnancy.
3. Can I get vaccinated while using Epirubicin? No. Do not take any type of vaccinations while using Epirubicin.
4. Can I take Epirubicin for bleeding disorders? No. Do not take Epirubicin in case of any bleeding disorders.
5. I have a history of stroke can I use Epirubicin? Consult a doctor before using Epirubicin in case of any heart diseases.