Antiban 75 Mg Tablet 10
Clopidogrel is used to prevent blood from clotting. It is used in the prevention of heart attack and stroke. It also relieves chest pain.
How does the drug work ?
Clopidogrel is an anti-platelet drug. The drug works by preventing platelets (a type of blood cells) from aggregating, thereby preventing the formation of blood clots. Clopidogrel is also known as a blood thinning agent as it keeps the blood thin enough to flow smoothly through the blood vessels.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of clopidogrel include diarrhea, nausea, acne-like rash, joint pain, chest pain, headache, upper respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, depression, and bruising.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Consult a doctor in case of sudden muscle cramps, weakness or fever with the use of Antiban.
• People who had a stroke with bleeding into the brain should inform the doctor about the medical history.
• People who notice any dark colored urine or yellowing of skin or eyes, after the administration of Antiban should immediately inform the doctor.
• Avoid taking grapefruit while administering Antiban drug.
• Consult a doctor in case of kidney problems such as under-active thyroid gland (hypothyroidism), a personal or family history of muscle problems etc.
• People who experience Antiban side effects should consult the doctor.
1. I have stomach ulcer which causes bleeding at times, can I use clopidogrel bisulfate? No, if you have any bleeding diseases, then you should not use clopidogrel bisulfate as it can cause bleeding.
2. I am on clopidogrel since two months, can I undergo a dental surgery? If you are planning to undergo any surgery, you must make the doctor aware that you are using clopidogrel bisulfate, because it may cause excess bleeding during the surgical procedure.
3. What are the suitable storage conditions for clopidogrel bisulfate? Clopidogrel bisulfate must be stored at a room temperature away from moisture and heat.
4. Can I gain or lose weight by chronic use of clopidogrel bisulfate? No, there is no evidence that you may lose or gain weight with the long-term use of clopidogrel bisulfate.
5. I have gastric acidity problem and am on clopidogrel. Is it ok if I administer ranitidine for acidity? Yes, ranitidine is safe to take with clopidogrel. But other drugs of same class such as cimetidine which are used in gastric acidity can interact with clopidogrel.