Antif X 150/1000 Mg Tablet 1
Fluconazole Fluconazole is used to control and treat symptoms of yeast and fungal infections of the mouth, throat, abdomen, lungs, and female genitals. Additionally, fluconazole is used to treat fungal infections of brain and spinal cord. Tinidazole Tinidazole is an antiprotozoal and antibacterial drug. It is indicated in amoebiasis and amoebic liver abscess. It is used to treat giardiasis (infection to small intestine) and some bacterial infections like bacterial vaginosis (inflammation of vagina). It is also used in the treatment of sexually transmitted infections such as trichomoniasis.
How does the drug work ?
Fluconazole Fluconazole acts by inhibiting the conversion of lanosterol to ergosterol. Ergosterol is responsible for the formation of the cell membrane. This inhibition of cell membrane facilitates leakage of cellular components and kills the fungal cell. Tinidazole Tinidazole belongs to nitroimidazole antibiotics. Tinidazole acts against anaerobic bacteria and protozoa. It penetrates into the bacterial or protozoa cell and damages the DNA, which kills the cells and reduces the infection.
What are the common side effects ?Fluconazole The common known fluconazole side effects are diarrhea, stomach upset, fast heartbeat, severe dizziness, fainting, yellowing of eyes and skin, headache, heartburn, facial swelling, tight breath, dark colored urine, and weakness. Tinidazole The side effects of tinidazole include bitter and metallic taste of the tongue. The patients may also feel difficulty in breathing and chest pain. The stools may be black or tarry. Burning sensation of stomach, numbness, dizziness is also seen. Swelling of the face, mouth and lips are some of the common side effects experienced by patients taking tinidazole.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Individuals allergic to Antif-X medication or other drugs with similar ingredients should avoid taking the drug.
• Individuals suffering from liver and kidney or other ailments should inform the doctor before taking Antif-X medication.
• Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Antif-X medication as alcohol reduces the rate of drug absorption in the body.
• Inform the doctor while taking other vitamin and mineral supplements before taking Antif-X medication.
• Pregnant and lactating mothers should consult the doctor before taking Antif-X medication for safe use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
1. Can I use the drug along with erythromycin? No, concomitant use of the drug with erythromycin is not recommended.
2. I am on herbal medicines. Can I use fluconazole along with herbal medicines? Talk to your doctor before taking the fluconazole medicine along with herbal medications, as it may be associated with risks.
3. I am allergic to itraconazole. Can I take fluconazole? No, do not fluconazole medication if you are allergic to antifungal drugs.
4. What is the recommended dosage for fluconazole? The fluconazole dosage will be prescribed by the doctor depending on your health condition. Do not self-medicate.
5. I am pregnant. Can I use fluconazole for fungal infections? No, fluconazole may harm the fetus, and should be avoided during pregnancy. Tinidazole
1. Can I use tinidazole for viral infections? No, tinidazole cannot be used for viral infections; it is used for some bacterial and parasitic infections.
2. Is tinidazole used for pediatrics to treat amoebiasis? Tinidazole can be recommended in children above three years of age to treat amoebiasis.
3. Is tinidazole available as over-the-counter (OTC) drug? Tinidazole is not available as OTC. Doctor’s prescription is needed to dispense the drug.
4. Can tinidazole used for urinary tract infections? No, tinidazole is not effective for urinary tract infection treatment.
5. What are the conditions to store tinidazole tablets? Tinidazole tablets must be stored in cool and dry place. Avoid direct sunlight. Keep out of reach for children.