Antiflu 75 Mg Capsule 10
Oseltamivir is an anti-viral drug used in the treatment of symptoms caused by flu virus. It helps reduce the symptoms of flu such as cough, sore throat, stuffy nose, fatigue, and aches. It is also used as prophylaxis in the children 1 year and above
How does the drug work ?
Oseltamivir acts by inhibiting the action of ion channel of M2 proteins of influenza-A virus.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of Oseltamivir are nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and dizziness.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Avoid Antiflu drug if allergic to any of the ingredients present in the drug.
• Consult a doctor before using Antiflu drug during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• Maintain caution while using Antiflu drug in case of any liver or kidney disease.
• Do not drink alcohol while using Antiflu drug, as alcohol may increase the risk of side effects associated with the drugs.
• Inform the doctor about current use of other medications before taking Antiflu drug.
1. Can Oseltamivir be used to treat cough? No. Oseltamivir is not used for treating cough.
2. Can Oseltamivir be used in children? Yes. Oseltamivir can be used in children to treat symptoms of cold.
3. I have taken nasal flu vaccine should I inform the doctor about this before taking Oseltamivir? Yes. It is important to tell the doctor about your entire medical and medication history before taking Oseltamivir.
4. Whatare the major side effects of oseltamivir? Phlegm producing cough and wheezing are the major side effects of oseltamivir.
5. What are the rare side effects of Oseltamivir? Confusion, slurred speech and seizures are the rare side effects of Oseltamivir.