Antilep Cr 200 Mg Tablet 10
Carbamazepine is a drug used to treat elevated mood called mania, nerve pain, diabetic neuropathy, and epilepsy.
How does the drug work ?
Carbamazepine controls seizures by inhibiting the excessive and abnormal stimulation of the nerve cells.
What are the common side effects ?The side effects which occur with carbamazepine are drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, problems with walking and loss of coordination.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Antilep CR medicine.
• Avoid the Antilep CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Antilep CR medicine side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Antilep CR medicinemedication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using ANtilep CR medicine unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Antilep CR medicine.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Antilep CR medicine.
1. What tests will I need while using the carbamazepine drug? You may need regular blood tests while using carbamazepine.
2. In how many days will my symptoms improve with carbamazepine? It may take about 4 weeks for your symptoms to improve with carbamazepine.
3. What precautions should I take to prevent sunburns with carbamazepine? You may wear protective clothing and use sunscreen products with an SPF of 30 or above to prevent sunburns with carbamazepine.
4. Is carbamazepine indicated for use in children? Yes. Carbamazepine can be given to children to treat epilepsy. The dose, however, differs with the age of the child.
5. What if I miss a dose of carbamazepine? Take the forgotten dose immediately as you remember. But if it is time for the next dose, leave the missed dose and continue with the scheduled next dose. Do not take more than one dose at once.