Antiplar Plus 75/75 Mg Tablet 10
Aspirin (also called acetyl salicylic acid, ASA) is an analgesic agent, used to relieve moderate to severe pain, such as headache, migraine, nerve pain, toothache, sore throat, joint pain, dysmenorrhea (pain during periods) and heart attack. It is also used as a blood thinner in heart diseases and stroke. Clopidogrel is used to prevent blood from clotting. Clopidogrel is beneficial in prevention of heart attack and stroke, and relieves chest pain.
How does the drug work ?
Aspirin blocks the cyclooxygenase enzyme, which decreases the production of two chemicals- prostaglandins and thromboxanes. Low levels of prostaglandin bring about pain relief. Low thromboxane levels results in thinning of blood, therefore, its long-term use helps to prevent heart attack and stroke. Clopidogrel is an anti-platelet drug. The drug works by preventing platelets (a type of blood cells) from aggregating, thereby preventing the formation of blood clots. Clopidogrel is also known as a blood thinning agent as it keeps the blood thin enough to flow smoothly through the blood vessels.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of aspirin include rashes, ulcers in the gastrointestinal tract, stomachache, abdominal cramping, nausea, heartburn, drowsiness, headache, and bleeding. Some people may be hypersensitivity to aspirin. Clopidogrel side effects include diarrhea, nausea, acne-like rash, joint pain, chest pain, headache, upper respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, depression, and bruising.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Antiplar Plus will not be effective if perfect diet plan is not maintained.
• Avoid drinking alcohol, as it may raises triglyceride levels and may increase the risk of Antiplar Plus side effects.
• Grapefruit or grapefruit juice may interact with Antiplar Plus and its ingredients, avoid taking grapefruit while using the drug.
• Do not take antiviral drugs as Antiplar Plus drug may interact with those drugs.
• Individuals who have had a stroke with bleeding into the brain should not take Antiplar Plus medicine.
• If the individuals experience dark colored urine or yellowing of skin or eyes, after the administration of Antiplar Plus immediately inform the doctor. These signs and symptoms might indicate an active bleeding.
• Talk to your doctor if you have any medical conditions such as kidney problems, hypothyroidism or a family history of problems related to muscles, as these conditions may worsen Antiplar Plus side effects.
1. How often should I take aspirin? It is best to take aspirin as directed by your physician. Usually, the drug is taken daily, for its maximum benefit.
2. Are there any risks associated with aspirin? Yes, aspirin may increase the risk of bleeding. So if you already have a bleeding disorder, you may need to take aspirin in reduced doses or under medical supervision. The drug may also increase the risk of stomach ulcers; therefore, those with the history of ulcers should be careful.
3. What can I do to prevent stomach upset associated with the drug intake? Stomach upset is a common side-effect of the drug and may decrease once the body gets used to the drug. Taking the medication with milk or after food, reduces stomach upset.
4. Can I give aspirin for the treatment of fever in my 7-year-old child? No, aspirin can cause Reye’s syndrome, a serious illness, in children; therefore, it should be avoided for this age group.
5. I am scheduled for a surgery after a month. Should I tell my surgeon that I take aspirin? Yes, you should tell your surgeon that you take aspirin. Aspirin may increase the risk of bleeding during or after surgery. Therefore the medication must be stopped for a week or two before the surgery, to reduce the bleeding risk. Clopidogrel
1. I have stomach ulcer which causes bleeding at times, can I use clopidogrel ? No, if you have any bleeding diseases, then you should not use clopidogrel, as it can cause bleeding.
2. I am on clopidogrel since two months; can I undergo a dental surgery? If you are planning to undergo any surgery, you must make the doctor aware that you are using clopidogrel , because it may cause over bleeding during the surgical procedure.
3. What are the suitable storage conditions for clopidogrel ? Clopidogrel must be stored at a room temperature away from moisture and heat.
4. Can I gain or lose weight by chronic use of clopidogrel ? No, there is no evidence that you may lose or gain weight with the long-term use of clopidogrel .
5. I have gastric acidity problem and am on clopidogrel. Is it ok if I administer ranitidine for acidity? Yes, ranitidine is safe to take with clopidogrel. But other drugs of same class such as cimetidine which are used in gastric acidity can interact with clopidogrel.