Antiplatt 75 Mg Tablet 10
Clopidogrel is used to prevent blood from clotting. Clopidogrel is beneficial in prevention of heart attack and stroke, and relieve chest pain.
How does the drug work ?
Clopidogrel is an anti-platelet drug. The drug works by preventing platelets (a type of blood cells) from aggregating, thereby, preventing the formation of blood clots. Clopidogrel is also known as a blood-thinning agent as it keeps the blood thin enough to flow smoothly through the blood vessels.
What are the common side effects ?Clopidogrel side effects include diarrhea, nausea, acne-like rash, joint pain, chest pain, headache, upper respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, depression, and bruising.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• For the safe usage of the medicine Antiplatt, you must know the important information on clopidogrel use.
• Do not forget to talk to your doctor if you have had a stroke with bleeding into the brain while using Antiplatt drug.
• Report your doctor if you experience any sharp muscle pain, weakness and fever with the use of Antiplatt.
• If you notice any dark colored urine or yellowing of skin or eyes, after the administration of Antiplatt immediately inform your doctor. These signs and symptoms might indicate an active bleeding.
• The drug clopidogrel might interact with certain foods you take and decrease or increase its action. One such instance is grapefruit or grape juice. So, when administering clopidogrel drug avoid taking grapefruit.
• Talk to your doctor if you have any medical conditions such as kidney problems, hypothyroidism or a family history of problems related to muscles before taking the Antiplatt.
1. I have stomach ulcer which causes bleeding at times, can I use clopidogrel bisulfate? No, if you have any bleeding diseases, then you should not use clopidogrel bisulfate as it can cause bleeding.
2. I am on clopidogrel since two months, can I undergo a dental surgery? If you are planning to undergo any surgery, you must make the doctor aware that you are using clopidogrel bisulfate, because it may cause over bleeding during the surgical procedure.
3. What are the suitable storage conditions for clopidogrel bisulfate? Clopidogrel bisulfate must be stored at a room temperature away from moisture and heat.
4. Can I gain or lose weight by chronic use of clopidogrel bisulfate? No, there is no evidence that you may lose or gain weight with the long-term use of clopidogrel bisulfate.
5. I have gastric acidity problem and am on clopidogrel. Is it ok if I administer ranitidine for acidity? Yes, ranitidine is safe to take with clopidogrel. But other drugs of same class such as cimetidine which are used in gastric acidity can interact with clopidogrel.