Antipres 75 Mg Tablet 10
Imipramine is as an active ingredient which is useful in relieving bed-wetting habit in children aged 6 years and above.
How does the drug work ?
Imipramine belongs to the class of drugs called tricyclic antidepressant. It acts by inhibiting the chemicals in the brain which are produced excessively in people with depression.
What are the common side effects ?The common imipramine side effects are a lack of coordination, tingling sensation, weakness, dryness of mouth, constipation, diarrhea, vision disturbances, ringing in ears, swelling of the breast, decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Do not take Antipres if an allergic reaction has been observed with the use of imipramine in the past. There is an increased risk of getting this serious side effect with a subsequent use.
• This medicine should not be taken by people with a recent heart attack.
• If any condition such as a heart disease, mental disorder, kidney or liver disease, thyroid problems, diabetes, glaucoma and urination problems is present, then caution is required with Antipres use.
• Do not take the Antipres medicine if a MOA-inhibitor (a drug for depression) has been used in the past 14 days.
• Do not give this medicine to children below 18 years to treat depression.
• Women who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding should inform a doctor before taking this drug. The doctor may decide if the medicine is safe for use in such women.
• Be alert to identify the changes in your mood while using this medicine due to the possibility of suicidal tendency as a side effect with imipramine.
• Do not carry out work which requires high alertness because of the risk of impaired thinking and reaction as Antipres side effects.
• Take the exact dose as prescribed by the physician to prevent unwanted effects.
• Read the instructions provided on the package for information such as Antipres uses and safety details before use.
1. In how many days will the symptoms of depression improve with imipramine? It may take nearly 3 weeks for the improvement of depression symptoms with the imipramine medicine.
2. Do I have to inform my surgeon about using the drug imipramine? Yes. You need to inform your surgeon that you are taking imipramine for your surgeon to decide if you should stop taking the drug for some time.
3. What are the symptoms of overdose with Depsonil tablets? The symptoms of overdose with Depsonil tablets include fast or irregular heart rate, extreme drowsiness, fainting, or convulsions. Consult a doctor immediately for help.
4. Is it safe to drink alcohol while using imipramine? Drinking alcohol while using the drug can lead to dangerous side effects or even death. Therefore, you must avoid it.
5. How should I protect myself from sunburn with imipramine? You may wear protective clothing and use sunscreen lotion with an SPF of 30 or more. Do not use tanning beds and avoid exposure to sunlight.
6. What is the dose of Depsonil medicine for depression in adults? The initial dose of Depsonil drug to treat depression in adults is 100 mg per day, taken through the mouth. The maintenance dose is 100-200 mg per day.